Correct me if I'm wrong...

Ok... lets see if I can do this without getting my head torn off for not searching correctly... lol anyway, here is what I have...

Factory head unit, all adjustments flat, DD-1'd through speaker outputs shows 25 being a good max volume. No questions here.

From the factory head unit, the speaker outputs go into a JL Audio CL441DSP. The CL441 DSP has two functions here, first it acts as a High-level to Low-Level converter, and at the same time provides DSP signal processing to "flatten" out the factory vehicle specific EQ which is programed into the factory head unit. Little info on this unit. JL Audio says to set the headunit at their idea of properly set head unit volume (in this case 25) and run the calibration CD to calibrate the CL441. The JL Audio unit has a master volume control, which I have opted to leave at full level and to simply use the head unit's volume control. So after everything is done, I still maintain my 25 has max volume on the head unit, and with the CL441 at full volume, I am not showing distortion on the DD-1. JL Claims 8v unbalanced low-level output.

The head unit has 4 channels, the CL441DSP inputs and outputs 4 channels. I have front channels feeding into an AudioControl DQT 2 ch processor. The 2 channels then run from the DQT into the PDX-M12 Subwoofer amp, and then pass through into 2 channels of an Alpine PDX-F6. Therefore, the DQT provides eq for the front stange, and subwoofers. The rear channels are untouched from the

CL441 to the rear channels of the PDX-F6. I'm sorry if this is confusiong.

The DQT has and input level adjustment, as well as an output level adjustment. This is where my questions start.... DQT instructions say something along the line of turn up some dynamic muisc, and turn up input level until the "Input Maximizied" led starts to flicker. This doesn't really happen. I have the input level turned to the max (wait before yelling). The output level is similar, turn up until 2volt or 5volt flckers, but make sure output overloaded is not lit. Here is where I am at this these adjustments.... regardless of where the input level adjustment on the DQT is at, I can control the amount of hiss/noise (most noticible when the head unit is at a low or off volume level) by adjusting the DQT output level control. Right now, I have the input level at max, and the output level near mininum to prevent the system hiss. Is the input up, output down an "ok" way to have these AudioControl levels set if I am not expereincing any noise or other problems? My worry is that it just goes against what the AudioControl book is telling me.

Next level's are at the amplifiers. The rear amp channels are cut and dry, since the signal goes right from the CL441 to the amplifier. No problem setting gains. However, the Front Channles and Subwoofer channels are processed through the DQT. When setting the amplifier levels, Am I correct in thinking this should be done AFTER I made EQ ajustements using the DQT? My thoughts are that the cutting and boosting of the EQ would change clipping factors of the amplfiiers since boosting a signal to compensate for acoustical envroment requires so much additional amplifier power?

-= J-dUb =-

....no 12 step program can cure my car audio addiction...

YOUR WRONG!!!!...

dude, im just dicking around,.. that was way to much to read, and got in the way of my drinking....

I know right?? God, It was way to fucking long. I guess it was just hard for me to sum up that there are 8 different level adjustments

-= J-dUb =-

....no 12 step program can cure my car audio addiction...