Sound Deadening Help

thacarter546

I have used Edead, worked but has a smell to it for a couple of weeks. I am going with Fat Mat Rattle Mat, Some stuff on Ebay ( cant remember name ) 80 mil. deadner, & some Dynamat Extreme. It all works the same way but the Edead has the SMELL to it & cant handle extreme Heat ( under hood ) .

REF'Smr.wigglezdj - ROE- Traded, Hemisott - CA- Bought, BLD25 - CA- Sold, pik - CA- Sold, Priest - CA- Sold, FLOSSINON24S - CA-Sold, BJFISH11 - CA- Bought, SlainNothing - CA- Sold

i did go around and look at the protecto wrap. It was the only thing i could find today. its paper thin and didnt look like it would do much of anything. It was also asphalt based. I have heard a few people say it was butyl based but it most deffinantly is not. i dunno what im gonna do yet. I am gonna put sound deadening on the back burner as its really not very important to me and i think im going to order a new alarm most likely asian wolf or save up some and wait for my tax return.

I use a Peel and seal type product called Fort-O-Flash. http://www.fortifiber.com/products.htm it's a 40 Mil Poly-membrane with an asphalt base adhesive. I also have used Dyanamat. Other then the foil I have seen OR heard any difference in the 2. Both trucks were Excursions, Mine and a buddy that used Dyanamat.I have had a layer in my X for over 3 years with no loss, no peels, no cracks. I even had a section that got hot from a fire ( blackened the Poli-liner ) and no loss.

With that being said, don't expect all Peel and seals to be the same. They are NOT. Just like anything else, some brands are better then others. The typical stuff you will see at HD, Lowes etc. are very cheap and will fail. Look at finding this kind of product at a Pro-contractors wholesale type place.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived