Sonic Electronix

1999 Jeep Cherokee, $1000 budget. audio restoration

In my town, we have absolutely nobody to consult for car audio...so I am in dire need of some advice. I have about $1000 budget (as posted above). I just put in a pioneer head unit, so that part is taken care of. With the budget, Ide like to replace the 4 stock speakers (all 5 1/4", 2 in the rear roof, 2 in the front door panels). And then I am sacrificing some space in the trunk for a sub box. My dimensions are 20" height, 35" width, 15" bottom depth", 8" top depth. I have no idea on what direction I want to go, but I really want to avoid extra batteries and alternators and so forth (if I can). Preferred music is rap, hip-hop, dubstep, and all kinds of rock. If you need any other information on the vehicle or anything, please let me know; I'm sure if left out some vital information on what my goals are here so please correct me. Your help is much appreciated, thanks!

Do you have any electronics stores around you like best buy or will you be ordering all this off the internet?

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

you should set a budget for mids/highs and amp for them....a budget for sub/s and amp for them then allow for electrical

something like $300 mids/amp....$600 subs/amp....$100+ for electrical...your budget of $1000 is going to be very tight

if I were you I would try to look at a more long term setup...you dont want to spend like $1000-1200 and then want to just rip it all out 2-3months later to go bigger and then spend more money...just saying

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

mb quart 60.4 is like 100 new.

you could get 4 fosgate prime 5.25's for 80 to replace the door speakers.

figure in another 30 dollars for new speaker wire.

pick up a 0 gauge kit for about a 100.

then you can get a power distubution block for about 20 bucks,

about 10 feet of 4 gauge power and ground 31 dollars

get an obsidian 12 for 140 bucks.

about 50 bucks for the big three upgrade

total is about 551 dollars so that leaves you with 450 bucks to build a box get an amp and buy othere installation things like fuses and rcas

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

I would suggest by going down the route of HU, subs and amp, then mids/highs. if your HU has a HPF then you can stop the low tones from going to the current mids to get as much out of them until you can afford the mids, only if your subs and amp cost a lot ofcourse. How much trunk space were you planning on using? all of it?

Archived