As for louder no, but not by much,

The incress in sq to me far outways the loss in output, but again that me

If you want loud then 2 orb 15's will do it for the price

Myself I like the sundown Sa or z range, another good brand to look at

2 sa12 on your zx1500.1 will go good and loud and yield good sq as well

Myself with the space you have and 1500rms@2ohm idd go

For sq

1x FiQ18

Or 1x fiq15 (if you want to save a ton of space)

Sql

1x Fi bl 15 or 18

2x orb 15

2sa15 or 12's

Even 4xsa8

yes, the obsidian audio's are conservitively rated at 600rms.

Just like any other high end brands, such as, (Fi, Oa, Sundown, DC Audio, etc.....)

$150 for a 15inch OA, and i feed mine 750rms, and it wants more, they are barely moving

NOTHING DOWN HERE YET :(

OBSIDIAN FTW

i understand the 600W is conservative but if im looking to run a single sub then even at double the power id be over powering them so id need at least 2. now perhaps i do go with 2 subs, im not sure yet. i think i would want to start with a single sub and down the road if i want more than add a second.

i do want power but i also want to change to clarity, something i haven't done since 2004 when i had a CVX from kicker. it comes down to this, will a fiBL be better clarity and frequency response than a kicker 12 or 15 l7? if so then ill go with that, if not then ill go with a Q.

i also read that the Q is able to go into a sealed box so that should add lots of clarity with tighter bass, no?

nothing, gutted

i find myself worried that a fiQ in a sealed box wont be loud enough... i wish i could hear one of them in person before i buy. i was reading that a vented box tuned to about 33Hz would give the best of both worlds, lots of volume and still a mostly clean frequency band. perhaps a fiBL in a vented box at 33hz would be my best choice? arg im at such a loss when reading about these subs ive never heard of :(...

if i did go sealed with a Q, its rated at 6-8 cubic feet. what are the advantages and disadvantages of going with a 6ft box over a 8ft and vice versa? i can easily fit a 8 ft back there and it would be much smaller than the kicker box i had.

i just really, really do not want ot loose any volume over my dual 15 kickers :/ maybe ill craigs list and see if i can find someone with a fi audio to listen to around my area in st. paul

nothing, gutted

Well My obsidians are tuned down to 31htz and are clean

its not made for crazy spl. i wanted sq and i got it, im happy with them, and when i want them to get loud they get loud. up the gain a bit,

i feed em 750 rms like i said

NOTHING DOWN HERE YET :(

OBSIDIAN FTW

1 thing I think you not looking at is 1 L7 15 has the same cone area of a 17" round

So to be at the same cone area you would need 2 18" subs,

So 2 round 15" will have less cone but will they be quiter or louder, noone can say for sure as car and box play a big part

Will they sound better I say yes

I had my L7 15 in 7cuft ported on a zx1000.1 and it went well for what it was

I'm not sure what size box yours were in

Another thing to consider is if going say a single orb or Sa/skar what ever brand you chose if you get a final load of 4 ohm per sub you can get another one latter if your not completely satisfied

At 4ohm you amp should make around 750-800rms and 15-1600 @2ohm

So off that basses you could get a single 15 orb and run it at 750rms and if you want more get another,

But if you get a bl or q you'll need a final load of 2 ohm and give it full power

I have herd a FiQ18 seales in 5cuft with plenty if stuffing on 1000rms and sounded good and got low but it you could notic it was missing the output that ported give you

If you have the space a FiQ18 ported in low 30 will give plenty of output if you ask me

YouTube is another good place to look but to compare sound it's not so good

the more i read into it the more i think i want to port a fi BL. my kickers were not in a crazy large box, it was vented inbetween the subs and i would say maybe 3 or 4 cubic ft of space in each side. i bought them off a competition guy on craigs list but they were wired all wrong and the box looked to be some ebay prefab. if i got a single BL i could always buy a second later and either upgrade my amp to a 2500.1, i think im going to go 18" just to try and push some more volume out of er. im reading up on all the tech specs of the subs now to try and understand what does what.

nothing, gutted

i am meeting tomorrow with a pro installer that i worked with at circuit city many years ago. we are going to go over box and sub specs. no one i have talked to has ever heard of FI subs, are these subs really good or are they all hype and just suped up sony explodes? i am very leery of all these brands that no one seems to have heard of. it was recommended to me that MTX 9000's would work very well, how do they compare with the FI's?

nothing, gutted