Second Skin Audio

500$ for 2 15" that can take 1000 to 1500 watts each. is it doable?

cheebs

It's this simple

Single 4 ohm final setup will get 750

Single 2 ohm final 1500

Dual 4 ohm, 2 ohm final750 each 1500 total

Either get a single sub that can handle 750 or 1500 and pick the ohms to match you power

If you get a single sub good for 750 you can get another down the track if need be,

you lost me???

most of your suggestions are way over my budget.

It's this simple

Single 2 ohm final 1500

Either get a single sub that can handle 750 or 1500 and pick the ohms to match you power

If you get a single sub good for 750 you can get another down the track if need be,

you lost me???

because what you're asking is almost impossible. raise your budget or use less power.

if you cant understand what he talked about with 750 and 1500, then i foresee you fucking up smaller woofers by throwing twice the power than recommended to them.

Here is your answer:

To fit your budget, buy two Fi SSD woofers. They will take clean power all day long. That MB Quart will NOT put out a true 1500W that is clean. Buy the subs, buy your two amps. You will need to get those amps Gain matched and set up to where they are putting a clean signal to the subs. The problem about running a cheap amp, such as the ONYX, is that setting the gain too high will produce a dirty(or clipped) signal. A clipped signal is when the sound wave is no longer a regular sine wave, but becomes a square wave. This, simply put, is where the peak of that sine wave is no longer clean, it's "clipped" off and sends your speaker a dirty wave. That's the VERY condensed version of clipping, since I'm not sure you knew what it meant.

So, the MOST important part of your build will be:

1) Getting amps gain matched

2) Making sure a clean signal is sent to subs

3) Above ALL else, building a subwoofer box that has proper dimensions, port area per foot, and correct amount of airspace. ALSO that it was assembled properly and has no air leaks.

I hope this was simple enough and easy to understand.

If you can't explain something simply, you don't understand it well enough. -Albert Einstein

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

It's this simple

Single 2 ohm final 1500

you lost me???

because what you're asking is almost impossible. raise your budget or use less power.

if you cant understand what he talked about with 750 and 1500, then i foresee you fucking up smaller woofers by throwing twice the power than recommended to them.

Key word is almost impossible. i said what i said about that guy's post not because i did not understand what he meant but because it was outside of what i asked about. i am just looking to see if it could happen. if no then i will raise my budget.

When I posted what I did I was thinking of another post very similar to this one but he is only running 1 1500@ 2ohm amp

But the same applys here

For me I have a very simple rule

Dont use 2 amps on 1 box unless there strapped

Or indervigaly chambered

Now my suggestion still apply as very relervent here

Use 1 amp and get 2 lower powered sub 4 ohm sub for a 2 ohm final load

Use 2 amps and get 2 lowered powered sub 4 ohm final load each

Use 1 amp 1 big sub 2 ohm final load

Use 2 amps 2 big subs 2 ohm final load each

Now if you don't have the amps yet hold off on them

As 180 each + 500 fir subs is 860 total

And for that you can get a better package

You'll get 1 good amp for 350-400 so no mucking around with gain matching and a more clean single

Then drop 500 on subs and youll be sweet

When I posted what I did I was thinking of another post very similar to this one but he is only running 1 1500@ 2ohm amp

But the same applys here

For me I have a very simple rule

Dont use 2 amps on 1 box unless there strapped

Or indervigaly chambered

Now my suggestion still apply as very relervent here

Use 1 amp and get 2 lower powered sub 4 ohm sub for a 2 ohm final load

Use 2 amps and get 2 lowered powered sub 4 ohm final load each

Use 1 amp 1 big sub 2 ohm final load

Use 2 amps 2 big subs 2 ohm final load each

Now if you don't have the amps yet hold off on them

As 180 each + 500 fir subs is 860 total

And for that you can get a better package

You'll get 1 good amp for 350-400 so no mucking around with gain matching and a more clean single

Then drop 500 on subs and youll be sweet

no i got you and after some thought on it. i going to get two skars and less watts and call it a day. i already have one onyx and just use that. that's why the onyx was the option. i was going to buy another because i already had one. the box is a non issue because i can build boxes well and i will have each sub ported in it's own space i just like it better that way. what i realized is that i might be over doing the power i need. i had been running 2 kenwood xr1s running 2 ascendant audio avalanche 15s running 700w. @ 1ohm . the issue was that they play real low but not loud. i was thinking i wanted to double the wattage. but maybe i just needed more of a spl sub.

Archived