what causes pico fuse failure???

Basically as title states.... I've just had my new Kenwood screen suffer this fate. I was doing some mods to my enclosure and when I turned the headunit on.... BAM!! Engine whine like crazy! This will be my third Kenwood screen in about a year that has suffered this fate, fortunately warranty is pretty easy for me. But it seems so many failures would raise a red flag as to me doing something wrong. Help me out guys cuz I would really like to prevent this issue if possible

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Hot swapping amps. It is more common in pioneers, but I have heard that some kenwoods can also have this problem.

Head unit: Pioneer P880prsFront stage: Alpine Type X 17PRO componentsComponent amp: PPI BK 800.4Subs: Two SSA XCON 12's in 4.5 cubes tuned to 34hzSub amp: PPI BK1300.1Sound Deadening: Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Spectrum, and Sludge

Team SSA

Team Alerion

Always disconnect your battery when messing with anything.

Head unit: Pioneer P880prsFront stage: Alpine Type X 17PRO componentsComponent amp: PPI BK 800.4Subs: Two SSA XCON 12's in 4.5 cubes tuned to 34hzSub amp: PPI BK1300.1Sound Deadening: Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Spectrum, and Sludge

Team SSA

Team Alerion

I didn't swap amps, although I did disconnect my rcas to reroute them... The amps were powered up but not playing. I've been searching like crazy, and just read that plugging in rcas while amp is on can cause it. Dammit. That makes since with the other two also....

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

That is what will cause it.

Team SSA

Team Alerion

Ground your rcas and that should fix it.

Team SSA

Team Alerion

Meh I'll have a warranty swap tomorrow. But it makes sense now how it's happened so many times.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Yeah just make sure that whenever you touch wiring, or fuses that you disconnect your negative battery cable. Sorry for the double posts, I don't see an edit option on the mobile skin.

Team SSA

Team Alerion

And yeah smalltruk that is what I meant.

Team SSA

Team Alerion