parts $40-80 depending cable size

install id say $100

thats a little more then i was expecting.

right now im stuck between getting a smd dd-1, big 3, or upgrading my shitty pre fab box that makes my hx2's sound like shit!

what would you guys get first?

If I were you, I'd get the box done first. Build it yourself of find a buddy with the correct tools. Also, doing the grounds yourself is easy peasy. You just need a torch, some rosin core solder, some 1/0 gauge wire and some 1/0 terminals. What car are you doing this on? How much are you looking to spend right now. I think I can get you Big 3'd AND a box close to the price of the DD1 :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

parts $40-80 depending cable size

install id say $100

thats a little more then i was expecting.

right now im stuck between getting a smd dd-1, big 3, or upgrading my shitty pre fab box that makes my hx2's sound like shit!

what would you guys get first?

man if you don't feel confident to do it yourself and you think 180 is expensive then you don't need to do anything but save your money and wait. i can spend that on terminals, resin, and mdf alone. wire isn't cheap online or in a store, especially the genuine shit, and not CCA that is called 0, or 1/0 and is actually 2 or between 2 and 4. anyway like i said 180 is cheap especially if you drive a compact car that has no room to work in!

how much should i pay for a shop to install the big 3?

I dont feel like doing it myself because i dont have faith in my abilities. I know its just replacing wires, but i really dont want to mess anything up.

yes i just re-read that and i see he said 100 total but that just makes what i said even carry more truth.

or you can do it by yourself.

about $20-$30 for 1/0 gauge ring terminals

$20-30 for 1/0 gauge wire (for me anyway)

I was hesitant at first but I found some help from other people and planned out how I was going to do it first. The hardest part was hooking it up to the alternator really

I didn't have any confidence doing the big 3 myself but trust me, its much easier than what you think it will be. Took me about an hour and a half to make sure it was done right.

1998 Ford Contour

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P8400BH

Front/Rear Door Speakers: Alpine SPR-68 (Type-R 6x8)

Door Speaker Amplifer: Kicker ZX650.4

Subwoofers: 1 SSA Icon 12"

Amplifier: MB.Quart 1.1500d

Second Battery: XS Power D925