When it died were you at a stop or actually driving it around? Ive stalled my truck twice since i had my 270 mechman unit in it from slamming hardcore at a redlight because the guy next to me wanted to hear it. It didnt shutter or anything it just was like i took my key and turned it to off. I idle at like 650rpm so that isnt much to make my alt spin and keep charging so when i put that high strain on the alt from going full tilt it took my engine speed and dropped it down so far it shut the engine down. I get this when im driving around and stop giving my engine gas and watch the rpm needle. If i were to take my music and pause it then wait a few seconds and play it at full tilt you will see my rpm drop and go back up from the strain it put on my alt. I like to keep my music down low at lights for the reason of not pissing everyone else around me off and that if i dont have my foot pounding down on that brake pedal and the rpm drops and goes up it will creep my truck forward some.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Yeah that's exactly what happened to mine!!!

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

Yup then you cant really do much about that. Mine is intermittent when it happens but you cant really stop that from happening. A majority of the time i can slam at idle and be fine, my rpm just goes up and down a ton between notes from there being strain and no strain on the alt. I never recommend bumping at idle because first of all you cant get full output from your alt at idle, second with the alt spinning that slow it isnt getting enough spin to keep the internal fans spinning to cool it down, the strain on the alt at idle can actually burn it out, doing it around people at an intersection is just retarded and is a reason why most people hate us for having systems.

Having that small pulley doesnt really do much to help this at all. That just means that you dont have to rev your engine up as high to get the alternators rotor to spin and achieve full output.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i agree with what kandiman said

If my 2.2L with a 270 amp singer alt doesn't die,

I'm sure his is fine lol.

c-fizzy its strange. Sometimes it does it, most of the time it doesnt do much but just make your rpms jump around with your current being drawn. When i demo my truck for people i usually have it off but most of the time its turned on but just sitting at idle and it never shuts off. I only had it shut off twice on me at idle. I have a small engine for an suv and its a 4.2l straight 6 and its a beautiful engine but it still has a damn good amount of power behind it so its not the matter of the engine. Its just the point of your rpm being down very low, that high stress and resistance for the load the alternator is being presented and the other loads from the rest of the accessory drive belt system that turn the engine off.

Sorry but I'm way too high to be able to read that.

I'll just agree with you. Don't know what you said. But yes.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

hahahaa.

So the rps drop too low on heavy tilt in idle?

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

No Engine

Pretty much. Its like your engine runs fine with no extra strain on it but then you put that huge load on it from the alternator trying to charge with its slow speed. The RPM drops down too far and it doesnt have enough motion and force to keep the engine running so it just shuts down. Its not stalling or anything just powering off.

Yeah just kinda shuts off, i didn't even notice it.

No Engine