Very nice!

Just looking out for you: did you do anything for amp cooling? I'd be concerned about it getting too hot sitting under there

Yeah man it helped plenty. There's no way to get all the rattle out of the gate though. And the roof is definitely the week link. I've got terrible roof slap. I'll get to it eventually though. It looks like the headliner removal should be pretty straight forward. I'll definitely post photos of that process when I get to it, whenever that is.

To SnowDrifter:

There are two 80mm fans down there. I haven't had any trouble with it. Thanks for looking out bro!

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Yeah man it helped plenty. There's no way to get all the rattle out of the gate though. And the roof is definitely the week link. I've got terrible roof slap. I'll get to it eventually though. It looks like the headliner removal should be pretty straight forward. I'll definitely post photos of that process when I get to it, whenever that is.

To SnowDrifter:

There are two 80mm fans down there. I haven't had any trouble with it. Thanks for looking out bro!

Please do! I read something about it being a pain in the ass.. I have to drive with one window open and the other closed or else It bugs the shit out of me.

I haven't had a problem with mine being down there either, no fans or anything.

Also, how is your voltage looking?

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

There's a lot of trim and stuff to take down. I'll have a week off in July. So if I don't get to it before then, I will that week.

Voltage seems to be fine, I don't have a gauge installed yet, I'm waiting for the SMD VM1 or whatever it's called. I don't there's much drop though.

The lights don't dim at all and there's no audible loss. I'm wired at 2Ω though, and I figure my box rise is mucho.

Nikitaaa, you say you run with the windows down to reduce the roof noise? I can't get rid of it at all unless I just turn down. And it's more noticeable with the windows down. I get more windshield flex with windows down too. Is it different for you?

Nope, same with the windshield flex.

What I do is I close my window and open the passenger window. Makes it sooooooo much better.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

OK, I follow. I saw someone call that the hot seat. When you're next to the closed window and other side is open. It's definitely loudest in the hot seat. That makes it harder to hear the roof flopping around. The noise is mostly above 40hz or higher though. So I try to play the lower stuff when I crank it up. I still haven't seen your setup. You should post it up! :D

Nice box. What sub is it ?

I love the look of the "bedliner" on the box.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived