Sundown Audio

Broken amp or my mess up??!!??

bass28

I have a kicker dx300.2 amp and i hooked it up to my door speakers well when i turned the power on and the gain up a little no sound. My rcas are hooked up corect and i checked the power coming to it and it has power. When i check the wires that go from the amp to the door speaker it doesnt read that i have power it read that they go to ground. I ran the ground on the amp to the frame on my truck and i clean the frame to bear metal first so it a good ground. I think something inside the amp is shorted out and its makeing it go striaght to ground. I only have my two front speakers ran to the amp and when i take the wires that run two the amp and touch them two the wire that make your speaker play that come from the deck it kills my rear speakers like its grounding them out. So to recap the power to the amp is good and its geounded good. The rcas are pluged into the deck correct. Then i ran new wire feom the amp to the speakers and took the ones that use to come from the deck to the speakers off and the deck is only powering the two rear speakers. I just left the old wires that ran from the deck to the speakers siting there but there taped so they dont short. I need help any ideas??????????

no one can give me any ideas on this? :help:

A couple questions first. Was the amp new or used?. Does the amp power up? Are the speakers Blown?.

If the amp Powers up, take a speaker you know works and hook it up right at the amp to test. If amp is powered up and speaker doesnt work I would think yes your amp is malfunctioning.

is the amp going into protect?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

A couple questions first. Was the amp new or used?. Does the amp power up? Are the speakers Blown?.

If the amp Powers up, take a speaker you know works and hook it up right at the amp to test. If amp is powered up and speaker doesnt work I would think yes your amp is malfunctioning.

The speakers work fine. If i hook them up to the deck they play just fine. The amp has no power light to tell if it is powering up but it does have a protect light and thats not coming on. The amp has been used before it was in one of my old trucks. It had been sitting in my shop for a while and i think so fine metal particals got inside and just ruined it. How do i check to see if my rcas are putting out?

Archived