Sonic Electronix

Hello !

I have 2005 subaru impreza, it's sedan, and every subwoofer I put in the trunk sounds few DB less loud than Hatchback or SUV.

Putting the enclosure on the rear seats doesn't make it powerfull as it can be.

someone told me about sealing the wall between the trunk and the rear seats. Is that right ?

Is there a way to make the bass be as loud as the potencial fot the products?

Thanks !

Wall it.

lol

Just tossing a sub in a box on the back seat wont make you loud. Doing a box firing into the cabin that is SEALED off from the trunk works well, but only if you have folding seats. IIRC, there's a build on here somewhere where the guy ported through the rear deck of his mazda and got great results.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

You can wall it like he mentioned. You can also add more cone area or more power or both lol. That will give you more output.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Yeah, either wall the car to get the most output, or if you want all your seats, face the box forward, seal it from the trunk so all the bass goes inside the cabin area, and fold down the back seats if possible.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

i have only found 1 car that worked well for subs in the trunk , it was a buick park ave , something about that body was awsome for subs in the trunk . if you don't want to do a wall you could do a 4th order bandpass

Edited by b-dubs89

most of the time hatchbacks and suvs will be louder than trunk cars...just how it is....if you want it to be louder do as mentioned...either wall or seal trunk or add more cone area/power.

Current system(In Progress)

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan

Subs-16 Rival Mobile Electronics C15.22 subs.

Sub Amp-1 Sundown Audio NS-1(eventually 2)

Mids-Undecided

Mid Amp-Undecided

Batteries-6 Shuriken BT140's

Alt- 320amp MECHMAN alternator

Tsunami Wiring

My seats won't fall down, but I'm working on changing it :)

what if I'll make a box which will be in the trunk but the subwoofers and port would be firing into the rear seats area, and there would be a fully separation between the trunk and car?

My seats in my car don't fold down either.. I have mine Sub back port back and then my rear deck speakers removed so air moves through the holes where the speakers were. my next box will be ported through the deck. You should try that if you intend to keep your backseat.

But sorry if that wasn't what you meant by firing into the rear seats area. Mostly from what i've learnt is that its not as loud trying to fire through the seat.