Sonic Electronix

2 amps for subs conected, when i turn up volume the bass gets lower???

ok my problem is that i have two set of amps conected for my subs, the main rca from the radio is connected to one amp then the other amp is conected to the output of the 1st, when the volume is low the bass sounds normal, but when i put the volume up the bass start to sound lower!!!!, and if i disconect the rca's from the second amp everyting gets normal, and also if i conect the rca only to the second amp, soo WTF!!!! what can it be, bad rca's? the radio, amps?? or what!??? help please!

Im guessing that they are out of phase, how did you set the gains on both the amps?

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

ok the subs are 6 15" kicker L7, the amps are two hifonics XX-Goliath, and they are conected the first one to the radio and se second amp is conected in th elone out of the first, the gains are, phase 0, level at 0.9volt, at 80hz, and bass bost at 12

i installed last year without any problem, but when i clean the suv last week, and move the batteries and cables to see hows everything, when i conect all again thats when the bad thing happen, i already 2 check all the cables, amps, rca's, but i culdnt find anything bad, i just get good bass when the volume is low or if i disconect one amp....

Archived