Second Skin Audio

be honest, what do you think?

i might be doing a rebuild already. not very happy with the score so here it is.

subs are 2 rf t2d412" wired at 1 ohm to a t1500.1bdcp. i hold a around 12volts while competing but i do still need to do 1/0 from alt to battery so it will improve and i will get an xs battery for under the hood and in the back.

here is the new box

subupportbackinside.png

porttosubcutout.png

portbacksubup.png

possiblebox.png

my last box was 4.03 cuft tuned to 43 hz with 67" of port torres said 48-64 if i remember right so my port area was a little higher then it should have been. port and sub facing the same way. back facing i did a 144 peaked at 51hz, up facing i did a 144.5 peaked at 44 hz. both times was on a ac-190 done by the same person.

ive read on here by a few people and told by a few that sub up port back is usualy best for a ford focus hatchback. not sure if i can get a full 3.5" or more of space between port and back of car but when i compete i fold my back seat down and can adjust it accordingly before being metered.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

oh before you say anything, i will be rounding the port edges and doing a 45 in the port. im just wanting to get closer to a 146 or higher by the end of the summer with what i have. in an obcon prefab box port and sub back facing i did a 146 at 51hz. box was either tuned at 38hz or 40 and it had 1.75 cuft per chamber if i remember right slot ported in the middle.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

the only thing i dont like so much is how close the sub is to the port. would moving the sub slightly to the other side and to the front be helpfull or would it be good where there at? im even fine with the 2 subs not lining up peferct if it could be better.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Your number is JUST fine with the amount of power you're running and the power you're GETTING from the vehicle. Unless you start getting some serious amperage and amp power, I'd say you're pretty limited.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I think you're also limited by the amount of room you have for the port against that rear hatch. Who knows why the prefab box hit better than the one you built. Were there possibly air leaks in the box you built or loading issues with sub placement and port?

^ well on the same mic(ac-190) in a prefab box i did a 146 at 51 hz so i see now reason why with a better built box i cant do better.

http://www.bonanza.c...328-12/49243401

^ the prefab i was using. although mine was about 2-3 years old and the baffle was only held on by 4 staples 1 in each corner and the capert that was on the box. was back facing.

as i took the subs out the whole baffle was coming up with it.i cut the caprt around the baffle and the baffle came off with no more force then just me picking up the second sub out of the box.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

You know what...I'm also sorry I didn't pay attention to your sig and see that you have a Singer installed. You could probably squeeze more out of your setup, but at the point you're at now(db wise) it's gonna be hard to squeeze a whole lot more I'll bet with the power.

well since i did a 146 with the same setup but with that prefab box as stated in post number 7 i know i can do atleast that but with a better box i see no reason why i shouldnt able to do higher. i am thinking of using either a 2500.1bdcp but the pive is high for my pocket or 2 1000.1bdcp. maybe just another 1500.1bdcp but i dont realy want to but more then 1400 per sub just to be safe.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Try another box setup(besides the one you already did), and see if that is going to work. Try tuning lower, higher,, something to see if you can get the number the change. How accurate is that AC meter? TL won't lie, I'm not familiar enough with that meter though. Maybe you've got the a coil going bad in a sub or a ground has wiggled itself loose. There are a lot of factors which could have caused a lower score in the box you built. I'm not sure without seeing detailed pics of your current box to tell.

Archived