Second Skin Audio

Daily setup questions.

Hello there people I just got my first car and I'm looking to buy a sub for it. I am pretty knowledgeble with car audio and already bought 0 awg to do the Big 3 upgrade to begin, I will be ordering my H/O alt and already have an XS power batt up front... Once my electrical is completely ready and I run all of the wires I will install an t2500-1bdcp. I am planning on running 3 pairs of Rockford t2 components with a t1000-4ad.

My question is which sub should I buy for the set up. Im pretty much set on buying 1 15 that can take the power and I want to build the box myself, I plan on getting PWK to design it for me. I have been looking into the Fi audio BTL N3 which can definitely handle the power but my concern is the SQ. I love loud music but I also want it to be clear. I drive a lot and spend a lot of time bumping the music and I don't want it to be plain loud. Any input is welcome.

PS. I'm open to suggestions on other subs not trying to make an VS thread or anything but just want input on which sub would be best for my goal.

Thank You,

Edited by RAM5493

I hear that the N3 is more of an SPL woofer. Since you seem to care more about music than numbers, for something that price, I'd get an Ascendant SMD.

Both woofers will laugh at the RF2500 Though. If you wanted to save some money the Ascendant Mayhem and Fi SP4 will still laugh at that power, sound awesome, and get just as loud on the same power.

your gonna run 3 comps per 2 channels?

I don't see a problem with that?

Edited by BobbyG2

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

if you were to go with the btl, go with the n2 not the n3.

may i ask where you're buying the new alt from?

So the BTL N2 would have better SQ then the n3 I presume and I will be getting the alternator from quick start, their H/O have dual rectifiers and i read good reviews for them so I decided to go with them.

your gonna run 3 comps per 2 channels?

Yeah the amp puts out 250w per channel so I have plenty of power to spare for them.

I hear that the N3 is more of an SPL woofer. Since you seem to care more about music than numbers, for something that price, I'd get an Ascendant SMD.

Both woofers will laugh at the RF2500 Though. If you wanted to save some money the Ascendant Mayhem and Fi SP4 will still laugh at that power, sound awesome, and get just as loud on the same power.

I read that the SMD and the SP4 are both SPL subwoofers also, have you heard them play music? if so how is the SQ? and as far as the RF2500 I love their amps and they are efficient, as an engineer efficiency means a lot to me. Also I want to run the sub at 2ohms for tighter bass and the RF2500 produces almost the same power at 2ohms which is pretty awesome.

Yeah the amp puts out 250w per channel so I have plenty of power to spare for them.

It might make that much power but unless it can do it at 0.5 or 1.33ohm then you are in trouble there most only like to go down to 2 ohm

And if you after any sq I wouldn't run below 2 ohm, idd run 2 off that amp up front and put the third else were or in rear and run of another amp, you'll be better off that way

It might make that much power but unless it can do it at 0.5 or 1.33ohm then you are in trouble there most only like to go down to 2 ohm

And if you after any sq I wouldn't run below 2 ohm, idd run 2 off that amp up front and put the third else were or in rear and run of another amp, you'll be better off that way

I understand that, I will be running the 4 back speakers in the rear channels so they will be at 2 ohms and the front ones alone so they will be at 4 ohms

I read that the SMD and the SP4 are both SPL subwoofers also, have you heard them play music? if so how is the SQ? and as far as the RF2500 I love their amps and they are efficient, as an engineer efficiency means a lot to me. Also I want to run the sub at 2ohms for tighter bass and the RF2500 produces almost the same power at 2ohms which is pretty awesome.

I'm going off what I've been learning stalking the interwebs the past few years, and the specs of the subwoofers. From what I've heard, and what the specs look like, the SP4's and SMD's should be awesome musical ground pounder subs.

The great thing about these public forums is that if I'm wrong, people who know more than me can come in and correct me. And than the OP will be better informed, and I'll learn something new! :)

Oh, might be a little out of your budget, but I hear that the TC Sounds LMS Ultra is one of the best sounding subs in the world! My dream woofer.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*