Sonic Electronix

Not entirely sure on how to proceed..?

EDIT: didn't want to put this in the amps forum or the subs forum as it's a little of both? Sorry if it doesn't belong here..

Hey guys, first post on the forums.

I have two alpine type X subwoofers new in their boxes..

1000w rms 3000w peak,

dual voice coils 4ohm+4ohm..

I will be the first to admit I don't know a ton about the science of car audio, I just refuse to pay someone who does; $110 an hour which is the rate the only shop close by charges.

I have a jx1000 amp and a TMA 1000.1 amp, both are 1000w rms so I figured it would be a perfect match for two 1000w rms subs.

I looked closer at the exact specs of my amps:

• JX Series 1-Channel Class D Car Amplifier
  • RMS Power Rating (14.4V):
    • 4 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.
    • 3 ohms: 750 watts x 1 chan.
    • 2 ohms: 1000 watts x 1 chan.

The TMA 1000.1

* Rated Power 14.5 V: 500W x 1 @ 4 ohm

* Rated Power 14.5 V: 750W x 1 @ 2 ohm

* Rated Power 14.5 V: 1000W x 1 @ 1 ohm

each sub has 2 terminals for + and 2 for - to run in a series or, one terminal for + and 1 for - to run parallel

each amp has 2 + and 2 - terminals..

I was planning on running the speaker wire from the parallel options to the sub, to the proper bridged terminals on the amp..

But now it is looking like if I do this they won't be getting 1000w each as the tma only puts out 750w rms at 2 ohms?

Like I said, im definitaly a noob to this, can anyone tell me how I should correctly do this with these 2 subs and 2 amps, if there is a way?

I am assuming the worst case scenario is I have to sell my TMA and get another JX1000. Thanks.

Edited by JoeNash

I always find it a bad idea to use 2 different amps for 2 of the same subs, even if they are rated at the same rms. I think it would be easier to just sell both amps, and get a 2000 watt rms amp to power both of them. and not worry about equal power distribution, and less wiring of course.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

running 2 different amps to the woofers is not something you would want to do. Even if they were rated the same power, the amps themselves are of different efficiency and sound qualities and this could adversely effect your system performance3.

I suggest selling 1 amp and getting a matching amp for the other. Or selling both amps and getting a single 2000w amp.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

The jx isnt strappable and doesnt even power down to 1 ohm 2 amps on 2 subs would mean gain matching then you would need to get a cc-1 your best bet it to get a 2krms amp at 1 ohm

2015 F-150 Platnuim

So aside from buying just another jx1000 and running 1 sub to 1 amp , if i wanted to run 2 subs to 1 amp, what exactly should I be looking for?

Any ideas on some quality amps ? Not working with a whole lot of cash but If i went from 2 amps to 1, I could sell the JX and the TMA to pay for the new one.

Also, both my TMA and JX are relatively new, I'm pretty sure the JX is worth $300ish, anyone know what I should sell the other for?

Thanks guys.

search around for those amps to see what they are selling at. You should be able to get enough money from both of them to get a nice 2000w amp.

Plenty of brands to look at. Sundown, Incriminator, Skar. I suggest to look at the vendors on this site and see what they offer.

Once you get one, it will be super easy to hook up and adjust correctly.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Get a Crecendo BC2000D....does 2250 at 1ohm per their website. You can wire to 1ohm and that should be perfect. Plus their price is great and plenty of members on here can vouch for them....its going to be my next amp when I upgrade.

http://store.crescendoaudio.com/bassclef/

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

yea one amp would run 750 watts rms at 2 ohms (tma) and the other runs 1000 watts rms at 2 ohms (jx) so they would get uneven power supplied to them. if there in separate boxes you should be all good. but in the same box, idk if that will be a good idear. if you have them in the same air space\ box then you would want them powered by the same amp and signal