Sonic Electronix

I have a ported box, 36" wide, 25" high, and 14.5" deep, with an 8" aeroport, that is 11" long. I have a DC Level 4 and it's just not hitting the lows that I want. Does anyone know about what frequency this box is tuned to? How would I go about tuning it to play lower notes?

Vehicle: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5Front Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsRear Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsSubs: 2 12" Obsidian V2 w/ Upgraded Black Aluminum SPL coilsBox: 5.94 Cubic Foot Tuned to 34 HZSub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1

Mids/Highs Amp: Rockford Fosgate 120.2

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X396Electrical: Single Run of American Bass 1/0, Single Run of American Bass 8 Gauge, Big 3 Upgrade

Build Loghttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161818-1999-toyota-4runner-sr5/

I have a link in my sig that shows how to use torres to find tuning.

As for lowering tuning you just make the port longer, but it might be better to just build a new box rather than messing with trying to fix it.

So if I'm at 37hZ now, how much longer should I make the port? 25" would be touching the bottom of the box, but it's only at 11 now. I want to be able to play something around 23 hZ and up.

Vehicle: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5Front Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsRear Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsSubs: 2 12" Obsidian V2 w/ Upgraded Black Aluminum SPL coilsBox: 5.94 Cubic Foot Tuned to 34 HZSub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1

Mids/Highs Amp: Rockford Fosgate 120.2

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X396Electrical: Single Run of American Bass 1/0, Single Run of American Bass 8 Gauge, Big 3 Upgrade

Build Loghttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161818-1999-toyota-4runner-sr5/

Archived