Alt vs battery?

How many batterys is to much for a mechman 270? Right now I have a stock battery, d3400 and 2 xp3000. I wana swich the stock to an other d3400 but right now with the xp3000 sale I want an other one. I get little voltage drop as it is like .4-.5 right now out of my 5k and hi/mid amp. Would an other battery help or is it.time.for a second alt?

you will be fine. xterraboy 03 has 6 d1400's on a mechman 270 and it does fine. but i would suggest getting an intellacharger to keep the batts topped off about once every week or 2

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

its not so much the alternator as the set point with you vehicle.. 14.8v charging would be ideal to properly charge batts and not many auto manufactures allow vehicle to stay at 14.8 once the vehicle is warm ... and as for voltage drop batts arent going to help much at 14+ since they dont hold charge that high they will just keep you floating longer (reserves) in the 12v range

1 Fi Sp4 18

Crescendo 2k

selenium mids

audioque supertweets

Hifonics for mids and and highs

1/0 power and grounds

---> on the way singer alt and possibly another

2k depending how sub likes 1 2k

regardless of alts and batterys its a good idea to put it on the charger overnight and trickle charge it. it helps to top off the batts and takes some pressure off the alt.

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

Right now I dont need it. But maybe in the future when I upgrade. Charging is kind of an issue. I have a charger a ctek since my mla module sucks. Its F'ed up. It only works when it wants. My alts pcm contolled and the.mla only works when.it wants. I have to unplug the grounds every few day that usually makes it work again. I dont get it could it be my truck fighting it? Now that.its hot its also causeing my alt to charge lower at 14.4 before I got 14.7. The guy told me the module has a heat sensor. It lower the charge. I also noticed where I have it mounted it get a lot of heat. The alts breathing hot air right on it. If I move it away from heat so the charge dont drop will it over heat my alt?

regardless of alts and batterys its a good idea to put it on the charger overnight and trickle charge it. it helps to top off the batts and takes some pressure off the alt.

But doesnt keeping the charge up cause an amp to produce more power?

But doesnt keeping the charge up cause an amp to produce more power?

yea no secret there the more power (voltage) ...the more output (watts) you will have. im not to experienced with the mla but the little i know about it is it taps into vehicles charging system not completely overriding it but giving it a higher set point but still acts like the cars pcm and that high set point is only at its peak until system is charged fully then your computer will sense that batteries are topped off and your voltage will level out and drop a 10th or so depends on vehicle .... dunno how long youve had your unit but hot weather has an affect on the floating level of your charging system causing it to be lower then vs cold weather which keeps it higher... but as many people on here the more experience people would say is top your batts off with an tender/charger of some sort your alt will thank you for it because it wont be working as hard (besides alts never charge multiple batts to their full potential

hope that helped

1 Fi Sp4 18

Crescendo 2k

selenium mids

audioque supertweets

Hifonics for mids and and highs

1/0 power and grounds

---> on the way singer alt and possibly another

2k depending how sub likes 1 2k

Archived