Sundown Audio

i would send jacob or one of the others an email directly and ask them that question

http://www.stevemead...acting-sundown/

as far as the comapring to the DD there are too many variables to compare them the best i can say is that their rated power is fairly close. SA i think is 600w DD 2500 series is i thinks rated at 800

(also be careful about asking questions like that on here "vs." threads are not allowed)

Edited by Maebros

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

Typically we will refer anyone to a local dealer; if you do not have one in your area we have online dealers.

Based on 3rd part measured objective Klippel data -- the CMS and Le linearity are inferior, it has less maximum x-mech capacity, and it costs more. BL performance is similar. Some people may *like* the way it sounds more -- I am referring only to objectively measurable causes of distortion.

I also had Klippel based thermal data collected on both -- despite the difference in coil size the thermal performance is nearly identical in terms of delta T (change in temperature) compared to input power over time in a 25 minute test. Klippel uses full bandwidth frequency input.

On my in-house 60 Hz thermal test the SA-8 v.2 out-performs many other 2.5" coil drivers -- but I have not ran the 2508 on that yet as I don't particularly want to blow a $300+ 8" woofer as the ones I have are SuperCharged.

For a visual comparison :

CIMG6155.JPG

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg