Can this engine swap be done? 2000 Monte Carlo

I have a 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo that has been a real pain in the ass it has the 3400 motor in it and the head keep cracking on it.

Can I buy a 3800 motor and swap them out.. what all would I need to do it. I am done repairing this 3400 motor

wire harnesses maybe the transmission probably front suspension probably flash the computer srry not too sure on it i could have some of this wrong

btw 3800 ftw!

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

yea the 3800's I have never had a problem with I had one that went to 300,000 miles until it gave out. these 3400's are complete garbage

3800's are badass ive installed 3 of them but they have a bad problem with the head gaskets going out and the heads cracking too. Atleast on the 4 ive changed out or rebuilt. I dont know much about the 3800 swap but if its alot of trouble i would possibly see what other vehicles have the same same type of heads. So that you could interchange them and then you would not have that bullshit happen. Ive worked on only about 2 monte carlos and they were a 97 and a 95 i think. I cant remember if they had the 3400 in them but both of them had blown head gaskets.... I love a chevy fuck a ford but chevy has some problems on them smaller 3400 and 3800 motors smh although a ford will have to be fix or repaired daily

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

3800's are badass ive installed 3 of them but they have a bad problem with the head gaskets going out and the heads cracking too. Atleast on the 4 ive changed out or rebuilt. I dont know much about the 3800 swap but if its alot of trouble i would possibly see what other vehicles have the same same type of heads. So that you could interchange them and then you would not have that bullshit happen. Ive worked on only about 2 monte carlos and they were a 97 and a 95 i think. I cant remember if they had the 3400 in them but both of them had blown head gaskets.... I love a chevy fuck a ford but chevy has some problems on them smaller 3400 and 3800 motors smh although a ford will have to be fix or repaired daily

i never had a problem with the head gaskets but i have had problems with the lower intake gaskets but i found some aluminum replacements and haven't had a prob since well until my oil pan start a very small leak but it is a slow one so i haven't bothered to fix it

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

When I bought the car I drove it 3 months and had to replace the rear head and gasket in it because it cracked. drove the car about 30,000 miles then it blows a head gasket so i get a complete rebuild kit with push rods,lifters and a metal head gasket and had someone rebuilt it. Ran great for about 10,000 miles and from experience it looks like another head or gasket must be cracked again. I have white smoke pouring out the exhaust but I have not seen any oil in the radiator and the oil looks fine does not smell or have a milky color to it.

Was the block resurfaced when the heads were done? Could have warped the block the first time causing the issues now...

I dont know for sure if it was done. I had a friend do it for me and he is a certified mechanic so I would have to assume he did do it since the whole motor was rebuilt with all new gaskets,lifters,push rods. It was a $600.00 kit and the metal head gasket ,lifters and push rods were extra on top of that.

deathcards i forgot thats another problem ive seen with them. And hotdog it seems to me like it is cracked or your head gaskets blown again but you say u cant tell it in your oil? that sounds funny. The white smoke could be a couple of things tho. your valve seals might be gone

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

could be the lower intake manifold gasket both the 3400 and 3800 were plagued by it but the 3400 is a bish and a half to replace you actually have to remove the lifters :/

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
2 x-15 sundowns