Second Skin Audio

New box design, How's it look? ***changes made***

i'm just saying that you can't always trust what you hear ;) haha but yeah, bigger box, tune higher.

I trust myself and especially trust what Alpine and Ray say. There's more than a handful who have tested the 45's. I wouldn't use them.

Yea it's easy to believe what you hear when it comes from those two guys :D

I'm not saying they hurt or help, i'm just saying it's got to be next to impossible to test. to isolate that variable alone seems incredibly difficult. I don't doubt that it was tested rigorously. I do, however, doubt that the tests were done perfectly.

even at that, you can't test EVERY situation. you can make educated assumptions at best.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I took your advice and made a couple changes. No more 45's (except for port) and changed diameter of dowel rods to 1 3/8" instead of 3/4"

Tell me what you think now please

newbox_1.png

maybe a lil more port and slightly more gross volume if you up the port size, most people do between 14-16sq " of port per foot with being closer to 16sq" being the more common design from what i have seen. but looks good to me, you should get the free version of the google sketchup program and use it to make a 3d image of your box and lay out you cuts on the sheets of wood you gonna use so that you dont waste any wood.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

maybe a lil more port and slightly more gross volume if you up the port size, most people do between 14-16sq " of port per foot with being closer to 16sq" being the more common design from what i have seen. but looks good to me, you should get the free version of the google sketchup program and use it to make a 3d image of your box and lay out you cuts on the sheets of wood you gonna use so that you dont waste any wood.

lol at the google sketchup. I'm going to school for mechanical engineering technology lol. I'll just use inventor or Pro/Engineer. IMO they are easier to use because I've been using them for the past 3 years lol

But I'll try to make a quick sketch at work on my lunch break some time and post it. I just did hand sketches last time and that seemed to work pretty well for me

All that matters is that you can follow whatever you draw up :D lol it helps me to have a cut sheet drawn up in sketchup (or autocad) so I can see where I am going to make my cuts.

with the power he's running he probably doesn't need a whole 16 per cube, although it wouldn't hurt anything.

i say just go ahead and build it.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

with the power he's running he probably doesn't need a whole 16 per cube, although it wouldn't hurt anything.

i say just go ahead and build it.

I agree, it's within the port area range so I say just build it.

oh well since you have better programs i guess you could use those lol. but yeah it is within port range i was just giving my 2 cents. damn no im broke i should have kept thost pennies.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.