Second Skin Audio

Earthquake Enclosure

DefQon

Im just gonna stick to the easy suggested enclosure for now. Flared ports will be to hard for me to make. How do them DBXi-D's sound? I cant find a video of them anywhere to see them working. Can the bass keep upto the music?

You buy the flared ports..... just cut two hole,drop and screw down....... :lol:

The D's sound great. I ran 12' last seasona and had no problems. I ran the DBXi OS at finals and those were nice. I have them in my S10. I have video on my my mspace page of them. I don't have a link but if you want to search myspace type in team bassick - kimo and it should come up.

the sub seems pretty heavy will it be alright sideways in the box or should i face the sub and port up? in the boot?

you can mount them sideways. were able to see the video on my myspace page?

heres a link:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...0d-c7814c1acac2

let me know if it works.

Nice i hope mine sound good the box is almost finished. Does it matter if i didnt use glue? So far its just all screwed together.

YO BRO!! I'd delete that post asap!!!!!!!!

Glue is crucial. unscrew it and glue it. wood glue, liquid nails, something......

lol i put liquid nails under everywere. Now i just need to wait for tomorow to get the new amp and sub connected. I was reading the manual for the amp. its a T2000WD/1 and my DBXI-15D is a dual 4 ohm im pretty sure and the manual says RMS pwr/Mono, 4-Ohms N/A and 2 Ohms 1000w. Does this mean my sub cant be used with this amp?

lol i put liquid nails under everywere. Now i just need to wait for tomorow to get the new amp and sub connected. I was reading the manual for the amp. its a T2000WD/1 and my DBXI-15D is a dual 4 ohm im pretty sure and the manual says RMS pwr/Mono, 4-Ohms N/A and 2 Ohms 1000w. Does this mean my sub cant be used with this amp?

your fine. wirie the two coils in parallel and you'll get 2ohms. which would be perfect. So you got a TNT amp. Let me know how that works out for ya? I got one of those laying around that I'll be installing into a buddys car next weekend. Earthquake told me it was a clean solid little amp. We'll see. Earthquake is like 30 minutes from my house that is the main reason I run there equipment.

The only thing im not liking so far is how these dbxi's have such big rubber around them and they dont really use it. Just for looks. I get mine installed tomorow i hope my box works lol. the box is just ugly right now, just rushed it to get it to work but the shop was closed at 5 and i finished making it at around 5:30 :P. but ill probably make a new one for it and spend time making it properly.

The only thing im not liking so far is how these dbxi's have such big rubber around them and they dont really use it. Just for looks. I get mine installed tomorow i hope my box works lol. the box is just ugly right now, just rushed it to get it to work but the shop was closed at 5 and i finished making it at around 5:30 :P. but ill probably make a new one for it and spend time making it properly.

I agree the big foram surround is a bit of a waste. I mean I push that excusrsion all the way but, does that help? NO! I hope your happy with your set up.

Archived