Second Skin Audio

Earthquake Enclosure

DefQon

I just installed the amp and sub on my own and it sounds very nice. Only problem i have now is that when i turn the car off the amp fan keeps spinning. The remote wires in and the power light turns off when i turn the car off but the fan keeps spinning. The weather is very hot here right now could the amp just be cooling itself down?

I just installed the amp and sub on my own and it sounds very nice. Only problem i have now is that when i turn the car off the amp fan keeps spinning. The remote wires in and the power light turns off when i turn the car off but the fan keeps spinning. The weather is very hot here right now could the amp just be cooling itself down?

yeah the fan has a built in temp switch. it'll shut off automatically

only problem left now is that the sub is hitting real low bass pretty weak. would this mean the box isnt made right?

how low you talking? between 20-30hz I wouldn't know. 30-40hz should play it beautifully. thats just estimated frequencies but, in thos ranges is where my box is at.

• 3 weeks later...

most of the songs with low frequencys. Throw it up and all them deep bass songs dont hit that hard. but a song called "how my kinfolks roll" hits real hard. I think i might build a new box tomorow. How do you think the recomended competition box will sound? Or does anyone have some box dimensions for an earthquake dbxi-15d worth trying out?

most of the songs with low frequencys. Throw it up and all them deep bass songs dont hit that hard. but a song called "how my kinfolks roll" hits real hard. I think i might build a new box tomorow. How do you think the recomended competition box will sound? Or does anyone have some box dimensions for an earthquake dbxi-15d worth trying out?

3 cube box 2 4 inch round ports 17 inchs long nice low bas that is for one 15

6 cubes and 4 4inch round ports for 2 15's

or you could just change the port in the box you have now

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

so the rectangle slot port is no good? is there much diffference between a L port and just a straight piece of wood slot port? can the dbxi-15D's hit them low notes because songs that have low bass seems like the subs hardly doing anything. The song "im shining" by the pack the first lot of bass is very deep and then the bassline that comes in after doesnt hit at all but the speakers sound like there gonna pop out.

so the rectangle slot port is no good? is there much diffference between a L port and just a straight piece of wood slot port? can the dbxi-15D's hit them low notes because songs that have low bass seems like the subs hardly doing anything. The song "im shining" by the pack the first lot of bass is very deep and then the bassline that comes in after doesnt hit at all but the speakers sound like there gonna pop out.

if you want low bass make the port longer/smaller

we have 2 15's dxi's tuned to 33hz it gos LOW

the L port is the same as a str8 port you just get more port lenght with the L if you box is not big enuff for the long st8 port

i like sloted ports better for the earthquakes but you need to know how to tune it its easy with the round 2 of em 4 inch round around 10 to 17inches long you can make them longer or shorter till you get sound you want

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived