Sonic Electronix

2nd time. Same Problem, Bout To Give Up! Subs Cutting Out!

he still hasnt said if he's checked every single coil when the subs are sitting 40ft away from each other (aka unhooked from one another)

Yeah Sorry About That But Yes I Checked Them All, Could It Be Possible That The Wire In The Spider Is Loose?

Since you say the ohm load is not the problem and each coil reads what it is supposed to read then the only thing that is causing your issue is a bad connection somewhere.

Always use your back battery as a single point of connection for all amps in your car and just run the ground from your battery to a strut tower or other place where there are multiple layers of steel.

You will have to check every single wire to make sure 110% that each one is not causing or contributing to the problem, if after you check each and everyone of them and it still hasn't solved your problem then check rca patch cords.

EDIT: With the rca's i meant to add that i was talking about the ends that connect to the amp, make sure they are tight and do not slip any with the slightest tug or pull.

I'll Try moving my ground. My Rca Cables Are So Tight That I Feel Like They Will Rip My Connections Off And Ive Tried To Differnt Pair (Monster 400 Series) And This Still Happen When I Had Y Splitter Hooked Up With The Two Amp Setup. & Your Saying I Should Ground My 2nd Battery Seperate? Right Now I Just Have + to + & - to - My Main Battery Is Under My Seat And The Secound It Only About Three Feet Away.

OP where in WI are you? If you're near me maybe we can meet up and I can take a look. Sometimes it helps to have another set of eyes that knows what they are doing look at it.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

I have some Q's so bare with me and be patient. I'm just trying to eliminate some causes and trouble shoot. Since this thread is all jacked up right now i want to get back to square one.

1. Could you explain your ground a little better. "A gold battery post ran threw the car "paint removed" with a 1/0awg wire outside running to frame so to points of contact."

That confuses the fizzle out of me.

2. What kind of vehicle is this?

3. Where is the voltmeter (in your video) hooked to? (front battery, read battery, amp?)

4. Is this cutting out, a sharp cut off, or does the bass just fade in and out?

5. Have you tried playing one sub at a time? ( I realize this might be a pain in the rear to do but it might pinpoint whether or not it is a faulty sub or lead ect)

6. Can you post some pics of your grounds and other connections for us please?

Don't take this as me doubting your connections and stuff, It's just that sometimes a simple thing might be slipping past you. Sometimes when I have issues with a system I just need to step back and look at the big picture or get a second set of eyes on it. It just happens because I am too close to the issue or over thinking something. We all do it, part of being human I guess.

0n my alpine amp, if i set my gain sensitivity higher, the amp would cut out after a song, but when I rock a lesser gain, with the same amount of power (higher volume on headunit) it's fine,

is that an option for you? or do you just really want to find a concrete solution if there is one?

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

0n my alpine amp, if i set my gain sensitivity higher, the amp would cut out after a song, but when I rock a lesser gain, with the same amount of power (higher volume on headunit) it's fine,

is that an option for you? or do you just really want to find a concrete solution if there is one?

He said gain and boost at lowest points in the first post.

I'm aware, strange; just not positive if lowest meant the volt number or sensitivity

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

OP could you amend your first posts with things you have done to try and fix the problem along with pics and vids so we can have a quick and easy way to see if your missing something.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived