Second Skin Audio

box rise and ohm load help?

do they really only come in dual 4? maybe find a dual 2 sub or single 4.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

running it unbridged will yield less wattz

no it doesnt. 100w per channel (for two total channels). you'd get 200w bridged. same exact thing.

if you run each coil to each channel, there is a chance (and it will probably happen) that one coil will get slightly more power than the other one because bass isnt always 50/50 on both channels.

edit: yeah you're right my bad. but that amp is expensive so i'd recommend against running it under the lowest rated impedance.

Edited by Kranny

So I could potentially just run each coil of the sub to a channel and run it that way?

But the amp is rated at 65 wrms @ 4 ohms so then I would only be getting 130 watts total rather than the 210-220 I would get running it bridged.

I understand that but the amp does 65x4 @ 4 ohms or 210x2 @ 4 ohms bridged. So if I have a d4 sub and don't bridge the amp then the sub is only getting 130 watts but if I get a single 4 ohm sub and bridge the amp then it would get 210 watts. Similarlly if I get a d2 sub then I can leave it unbridged or bridge it and it will get 210 watts.

Is there a different sub you guys would recommend for sq that is good off around 200-250 watts and is availible in s4 or d2 coil configs? That is if I can't get my hands on a s4 assassin.

Thanks

4ohm bridged should be the same as 2ohm stereo. just like you said, a d2 sub will get the same bridged or stereo.

Exactly so I need either a d2 sub or a s4 coil to get the full 210 watts.

Been talking to Bkolfo4 and he said the assassin line has been discontinued but they are going to look around and see if they have the parts to throw together an assassin 10 in a s4 coil config. *fingers crossed*