Second Skin Audio

What box would you use? 2 Obsidian 12s

wonderboy

I have two OA 12s and a Hifonics BRZ1700 coming my way, and I've come up with a couple box designs. I'm just looking for some opinions and/or advice. I can't get Torres to download correctly and I haven't figured out Sketchup yet, but I this is what I got from Winsid and the trusty calculator.

Both enclosures have a net internal volume of about 3.5 cubes after displacements, and are tuned to about 33 hz. I know this is probably the most overused phrase on this forum, but, "I want to get low." Lol. Both are sub up / port forward. I want to keep a max height of 10" so I can invert the subs if I want, and also keep some trunk space. I drive an '01 Eclipse.

Obsidian reccomends 1.75-2 cubes with 12.5 square inches of port area per sub.

Enlosure 1

10"H x 36.5"W x 23"D

6" dia. aeroport x 15.25"

Port area: 28.3square inches

Enclosure 2

10"H x 36"W x 22"D

Slot port 8.5" x 3" x 13.5"

Port area: 25.5 square inches

I was thinking about doing a forward firing box but there's really no way to seal it off since its a hatchback, plus, I know that subs up / port forward work well in my car. Max dimensions are 17"H x 36"W x 22.5"D to be safe. The first enclosure is a little big so I have to go remeasure just to make sure it will fit. What do you guys think!?

'01 Eclipse GT

Obsidian Audio 12's

Hifonics BRZ1700.1d

XS D3400

'Big 3'

My car hates me.

Archived