Jump to content

Crossover question.


RAM5493

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys I currently have 2 pairs of Rockford T2 components and I see in the manual that you have the option to use an amp/channel for the mids and a separate for the tweets. I was just wondering, if you use active crossover and use a channel for each what is the point of the crossover? Wouldn't tuning your amp correctly do the job of the crossover? Is there more to it then just separating the frequencies. Just looking for more info on how they work. Being an engineer makes you curious about how everything works and even at the age that I am you catch me asking more questions than a 5 yr old lol.

Thank You.

Posted

if you tune the active crossover correctly and set the gains right ... no need for the passive that comes with the set

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/


old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Posted

if you tune the active crossover correctly and set the gains right ... no need for the passive that comes with the set

Thats what I was looking for thank you a lot.

But if my tuning is off it will still crossover at the given point right?

Posted

if your solid on your choice of active crossovers and know what the actual crossover point is then yes ..... if amp tuning is off then you will have distortion

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/


old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Posted

if you tune the active crossover correctly and set the gains right ... no need for the passive that comes with the set

Thats what I was looking for thank you a lot.

But if my tuning is off it will still crossover at the given point right?

Are you referring to ON/OFF Axis on the passive crossover?

I have these components and am running them active through a 3Sixty.2 and they are amazing. I am powering three sets of them with a T600.4 for mids and T400.4 for the tweeters.

The crossovers on your amps(if possible) should be from 70Hz Low Pass to 3,500 High Pass for the mids. And 3,000 Low Pass on the tweets and let them just fall off the top end. The speakers WITHOUT the passive crossovers can get damaged if you do not cross them over properly. I recommend running the passive crossovers unless you're spent on space.

Posted

if you tune the active crossover correctly and set the gains right ... no need for the passive that comes with the set

Thats what I was looking for thank you a lot.

But if my tuning is off it will still crossover at the given point right?

Are you referring to ON/OFF Axis on the passive crossover?

I have these components and am running them active through a 3Sixty.2 and they are amazing. I am powering three sets of them with a T600.4 for mids and T400.4 for the tweeters.

The crossovers on your amps(if possible) should be from 70Hz Low Pass to 3,500 High Pass for the mids. And 3,000 Low Pass on the tweets and let them just fall off the top end. The speakers WITHOUT the passive crossovers can get damaged if you do not cross them over properly. I recommend running the passive crossovers unless you're spent on space.

the mids should hipass at 70 and lowpass at 4,000 the tweets should high pass at 4,000 and if you do this and have a good active cross over then the passive units that come with the set of speaker will only rob them of power...

in other word if you plan to run active then sell the passive units on ebay.............. you dont need them

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/


old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1463 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...