Second Skin Audio

Trying to find the best bang for the buck.

25681550020_large.jpg

Is it like this?

I'm wondering if 2 15's might be optimal for the way my trunk is designed. I was looking at the kicker L7 15 inch and it fits 6 cubic feet ported. So I might go that route and buy 2 to fill my 12 cubic feet. Has anyone seen a third gen firebird or camaro trunk before? How its designed?

I'm not saying kicker is necessarily bad, but I definitely wouldn't consider them to be bang for buck subs.

Yes thats it right there. That well right there. thats a total of 12.7 cubic feet and I want to know what kind of subs would be the best for that space. To take full advantage of that space for the best pound

i would mount my amps and other accesories in there and then use the rest of the trunk for a box. just my opinion though

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

Cheaper is better yes but I dont really have a budget. When I looked up the L7's I noticed that they fit 6 cubes in a ported box. So thats why i'm wondering if i can even fit 2 15's back there

Honestly..... I would look at something more like the Fi SSD, Ascendant Audio Chaos, or DC level 3's. They'd give you the options of running up to about 1600-2k Wrms. Fi no longer has the X line right now, but AA and DC have lower levels than mentioned so that you could drop down in power and price if you wanted to.

I also agree with LZTBRN, that doesn't look like 12 cubes at all lol. Might have to step down to 10's even, depending on the size. Get some measurements from that area so someone can double check what it is. Better to be safe than sorry. You also gotta think, even if you had 12 cubes down there, port volume is gonna suck some of that away right away.

Edited by Lbox88

What you mean the very bottom for the amp and the top portion for the subs?

What you mean the very bottom for the amp and the top portion for the subs?

yes.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.