so i built the box today. came out nice. just used 1/2" instead of 3/4 MDF. i know i should have waited but this is all i had so i used it. now my problem is that the bass does not sound bad for these really shitty subs. yes i discoved if you want a first system get some fusions. i am used to head ache making bass. these just WONT do it for me that much longer. my problem is with my HU. i have the alpine 9883 and at lower volume the highs are terrific, but wheni crank it up they seem to get muffled. does any one know why this mught be? i am not running a amp nor do i plan on doing it. another problem i have is that since i hooked the amp up i get this kinda weird popping/cutting in and out noise. my ground in fine so is my power and remote wires. the RCA's are brand new only had them like a month. i have no idea what this noise could be, any help would be greatly appreciated.

chevrolet is notorious for alternator whine/noise.

power and rcas on different side?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

chevrolet is notorious for alternator whine/noise.

power and rcas on different side?

yes they are. its not engine noise. its like the door speakers are cutting in and out really really fast. its weid. at first i thought it was the connector for my MP3 player so i played a CD but it still did it. i am lost i dont even want to turn it up. it only happens at higher volumes, but what is really weird is it started happening as soon as i hooked my amp and subs back up

----reference's----

meade916

check to make sure the polarity it correct on the speakers. sounds like you might be clipping them too.

would i have noticed it with out the amp and subs though. it is only coming from my inside speakers not my subs

----reference's----

meade916

my buddies sounded fine a long time ago, then one day they started sounding like shit. he hooked the polarity up wrong lol. they sounded fine until they got hot.

tomorrow will be a trouble shoot day. i just hope it is not the comp. set, that is wired wrong. its a bitch of alot work to get to the crossovers. i am gonna start with the subs though. but even if the subs are wired wrong that would not effect the inside speakers and thats where the problem is.

----reference's----

meade916

lol i wonder if he still wants the thread deleted now....

mybe i should do the same on my build and watch the responces then :lol:

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

lol i wonder if he still wants the thread deleted now....

mybe i should do the same on my build and watch the responces then :lol:

i know it funny i asked for this to be deleted and i get like 15 responses. i did this on my cousins thread and he got about 25 threads in like a hour.

----reference's----

meade916

Archived