Sonic Electronix

Yea see this is what i wanted to hear lol. A little debate. The solo x can't be that expensive and be as horrible as u guys are saying lol. That is a poweful ass sub i just don't know if it will louder in a 4.91 cubic foot box. If any of you guys that are hating the solo x ten, then you obviously haven't seen one in person before. If u just look at the sub you think it was a twelve. Its massive

Yea see this is what i wanted to hear lol. A little debate. The solo x can't be that expensive and be as horrible as u guys are saying lol. That is a poweful ass sub i just don't know if it will louder in a 4.91 cubic foot box. If any of you guys that are hating the solo x ten, then you obviously haven't seen one in person before. If u just look at the sub you think it was a twelve. Its massive

I have in fact seen em in person before.

They sounded like a wet fart, put up big numbers for burps only, and the owners were ~gooood~ at reconining them in a hurry and often carried a few recones with them just in case.

And if you think the kicker solo x is "massive" or "poweful" < not a word > then YOU haven't seen the alternatives.

The solo x is a beefy woofer... BUT with that being said you can get much more bad ass woofers for quite a bit cheaper that will withstand a hell of a lot more beating and sound MUCH better putting up big numbers... Look into AQ, DC, FI, AA Sundown to name a few

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

The solo x is a beefy woofer... BUT with that being said you can get much more bad ass woofers for quite a bit cheaper that will withstand a hell of a lot more beating and sound MUCH better putting up big numbers... Look into AQ, DC, FI, AA Sundown to name a few

Yea but Im not buying anything. I would be trading a type x 10 and a Sony 4 channel for it

I like this thread very calm and some good info. That being said my first subwoofer experience as I'm sure most people are with kicker. My friend had two solo x 15's in his dodge nitro. It's a very punchy sound and didn't get low, also due to his prefab box. They do get loud and are a good woofer, not SQ wise. The type x on the other hand, I've owned 1 a 12" and a 10" they are my favorite subwoofer from alpine. They take 1000rms and sound deep and round the bass, the bass kinda rolls over, not punchy at all. One of the better sounding woofers I've heard until I listened to AA lol.

Personally I'd keep the type x's bc they sound much better SQ

Edit: sorry for the grammar mistakes it's early in the morning and I still have sleep in my eyes lol

Edited by HunterJohnson

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Pretty sure I saw 2 10" solo X in a trunk doing a 150.... Just saying

pretty sure you didn't ;)

Lol i thought thats what Mario B had in his trunk before the rebuild. And i thought he broke the 50 mark

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

this is true. but i think a wall in a SUV is a little different then 2 10 in a trunk. I guess all I'm trying to say is that the subs are absolute garbage like the others are saying

here is his build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/82004-kicker-trunk-build-2-10s1502dbs/

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

neither one of you have seen these things outside of youtube and smd . just sayin. it's very rare someone comes along and builds well enough to get these kinds of results out of these subs.... verrrrry rare.