Sundown Audio

1 Sundown SA-8 V2 On Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D

simonlithen

A: he was using it for burps

or

B: he was running it at 4 ohms and not giving it the full output of the amplifier.

and/or

C: small SPL box

IT was probably an SPL setup...

No way in hell was he feeding that thing 4500w RMS daily. If it was a dual 2 he was running it at 4 ohms, and if it was a dual 4 he was most likely running it at 8 ohms. That sub is NOT meant to handle the kind of power you want to throw at it.

Yeah I know, he don't write wich ohm he is using. But if I buy a 1200wrms amp it should run great in 1 ohm I think.

remember, just because someone else has done it, doesn't mean everyone can. If i was in your situation, i would buy a different amp if you don't plan on buying another speaker.

Yes I know that, but I haven't planed to use 4500wrms on that sub.

dude, youre insane, 1200w will kill that poor little 8, thats what were getting at....if you wanna blow your money on an amp you wont need, or a sub youre going to blow, be my guest, you worked for it, spend it how you like. 1200w would be perfect for a PAIR of them. They are NOT going to like the kind of power you want to give them, why not just buy a 2nd one and run 2 8s in a ported box off about 1200w?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

guys who know what they are doing, and I'm sorry, but you're not one of them. You are going to cook your poor little woofer. IF you REALLY want to run 1k, get a pair of them, they don't take up much trunk space.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

A: he was using it for burps

or

B: he was running it at 4 ohms and not giving it the full output of the amplifier.

and/or

C: small SPL box

IT was probably an SPL setup...

No way in hell was he feeding that thing 4500w RMS daily. If it was a dual 2 he was running it at 4 ohms, and if it was a dual 4 he was most likely running it at 8 ohms. That sub is NOT meant to handle the kind of power you want to throw at it.

Yeah I know, he don't write wich ohm he is using. But if I buy a 1200wrms amp it should run great in 1 ohm I think.

remember, just because someone else has done it, doesn't mean everyone can. If i was in your situation, i would buy a different amp if you don't plan on buying another speaker.

Yes I know that, but I haven't planed to use 4500wrms on that sub.

dude, youre insane, 1200w will kill that poor little 8, thats what were getting at....if you wanna blow your money on an amp you wont need, or a sub youre going to blow, be my guest, you worked for it, spend it how you like. 1200w would be perfect for a PAIR of them. They are NOT going to like the kind of power you want to give them, why not just buy a 2nd one and run 2 8s in a ported box off about 1200w?

Not so fast there buddy, when I made the statement SA8's couldn't take that kind of power this video got linked

I understand they may do it, but most likely, in a daily setup, this kid is going to fry them. I don't see why he doesn't just throw 2 pin an aq1200 and call it done. Sure, if everything is always right in you're setup you can do it, buy this guy days money is an issue, so i'm assuming he won't be keeping that car at 14.4v at all times.....so he shouldn't try running that much power off one ohm to drivers that aren't rated for that kind of power when is clean let alone dirty signal...I smell disaster coming if he tries running that much. I was once going to try 3 old dd1508s off 3500 then realized how broke if be once I started blowing things and how much I would need to beef up my electrical. I've always wanted to run Hugh potter on 8s, buy till I got cash for blown drivers, an alt, lots of batteries, i'm not going to risk it.

Forgive errors, on phone on the train to Chicago for class

True, without the right power it should not be tried. For a daily without proper power I would say no more than 700wrms on a sub rated at 500wrms. 2 8's on that amp would be cool. Also building a proper box is needed.

thats what I'm saying, yes, it CAN be done, but no he SHOULDNT do it....hell fry those poor little 8s in a hurry.

My subs are rated for 500wRMS and I'm giving them everything my BRZ will actually give at 2 ohms with my electrical the way it is. And i still worry at times about if I'm going to over do it with them, since they are 5 years old now and have had the shit beat out of them every day of that.

I understand you guys. But my build is not gonna take part now, im buying things slowley so I will have enough power when the installation is done. But what about 2 SA 8 V.2 on Hifonics 1200? That will give them 600 each and that would be enough I think. Thanks for all answers you have gave me!

that sounds like a perfect match to me....

Archived