Second Skin Audio

how to calculate this design

i find its easier to just tell them multiply your area by the hight, then divide by 1728 (12^3)

What do you mean "tell them" to multiply your area by height?

take the area of the base (or in this case the side) and multiply it by the height (width in this case) in inches, save the conversion to cuft at the very end, till then, its easiest to keep it all in inches....

The area is given in square feet, not square inches (at least for me). So keeping it in inches till the end would involve converting to square inches, and then converting to cubic feet at the very end, rather than just converting inches to feet once.

Also, calm the fuck down. There's no reason to calculate it manually, when you have a tool like sketchup, that's just a stupid waste of time. And it works just fine, you're taking the inside volume of the box, no need to take wood thickness into account... Just quit running your mouth, you're making yourself look like an idiot.

yeah, im saying how to use sketchup the same way you are, but this jackass isnt seeing that. Sketchup for me keeps it all in inches till i tell it to do feet. Easier to work in inches for me

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i find its easier to just tell them multiply your area by the hight, then divide by 1728 (12^3)

take the area of the base (or in this case the side) and multiply it by the height (width in this case) in inches, save the conversion to cuft at the very end, till then, its easiest to keep it all in inches....

LOL, that only works on uniform boxes dork mcgee, This is an irreglular box, so short of dunking it in water ala "Archimedes" you have to either use a tool like sketchup or break it down.

ummm, yeah, since his box is the way it is, you can take the area of one of the sides, multiply it by the depth of the box (in inches) then divide it by 1728in, which is 12inx12inx12in to convert it to feet. If youre talking about boxes with different depths on the top and bottom, measure a side and the same rules apply smartass.

You can use sketchup to get the area of the side, or you can not be a lazy fuck like you probably are, grab a fucking paper and pencil and a ruler, and do some math to figure it out. But apparently youre too fucking lazy. Doing what you said wouldnt work anyway, it would give the Gross Volume, not even taking the thickness of the wood into account in this situation.

It is assumed you don't figure the wood thickness into the equation, only internal dimensions. And if you will take notice the box has a 45 degree angle in the middle therefore your method wont work.

edit. I do want to add that yes area X depth will work, but you can't just do "X" x "Y" to get the area of a trapezoid like you make it sound.

that isnt what i was saying. i was saying take the area of that face, and multiply it by the height. If you dnt have sketchup, you need trig/geometry.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

The area is given in square feet, not square inches (at least for me). So keeping it in inches till the end would involve converting to square inches, and then converting to cubic feet at the very end, rather than just converting inches to feet once.

Also, calm the fuck down. There's no reason to calculate it manually, when you have a tool like sketchup, that's just a stupid waste of time. And it works just fine, you're taking the inside volume of the box, no need to take wood thickness into account... Just quit running your mouth, you're making yourself look like an idiot.

yeah, im saying how to use sketchup the same way you are, but this jackass isnt seeing that. Sketchup for me keeps it all in inches till i tell it to do feet. Easier to work in inches for me

That's funny, you never once mentioned sketchup until you got called out. I never said "don't use sketchup" on the contrary, i actually agrred with that method. Why are you so angry? I am not posting here anymore since this question has been answered. Peace out.

i mentioned sketchup in post #8 of this thread. why am i pissed, no sleep, shitty projects and short deadlines, and people who dont know how to understand the words on the screen in front of them.

You n me are fine it's strangeduck that needs to have his head socially removed from his ass so he can see what was written in his math books or the screen in front of him

well guys i kept trying to do that but im having trouble with the slanted side the sub is on the "/ow tofind out the size of the square to get the 13 inch by 13 inch face to calculate the final bit.im havin problems and beent trying to figure it out but im obviously mental

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

i want something similar to this for my 2 sa12s. theyre runnin off a mbquart 1000.1 right now but i plan on another 100.1. if you could help me calculate, or if theres a fancy box guru that can help me out. 13 wide by 34 long and however tall as you need. thank you. just need help calculating really

sa12boxes.jpg

You should just place dimensions on that drawing to get a concrete answer.

well guys i kept trying to do that but im having trouble with the slanted side the sub is on the "/ow tofind out the size of the square to get the 13 inch by 13 inch face to calculate the final bit.im havin problems and beent trying to figure it out but im obviously mental

You mean you want the slanted baffle to be 13x13 right? Show me exactly what you have built already, and I'll show you how to do it... Do you want it to be 45°?

i did want a 45 degree and i havent built anything yet. the console is 34 from frontto back and 13 wide. 14 inches tall at the bottom part of the face

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube