Sundown Audio

Soundstream Rubicon 1600

Looking for a new amplifier for my new build. I'm thinking about 2-3 ssa DCON 4ohmSVC 15's. I'm looking for a new amp that would be good for those 2 or 3 wired to 2ohm or 1.34ohm and than eventually when I get 4 total I could wire to 1ohm.

I am thinking about the soundstrem Rubicon 1600 but havent really heard anything about it. I've seen the 2500's used on here.

Im just wondering opinions on the Soundstream stuff and open to suggestions for any other amp you think would be good for running the 2 DCONS than stepping to 4 eventually. Im open to more power if you guys think they could handle it. I was also thinking about the Crecendo BC2000. I cant afford a HO alt nor does anyone reputable make one for my truck....but I can afford a good sized XS or Kinetik battery.

I know its not high power huge output like some of the stuff on here but any help is appreciated.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

No one? Does anyone know if they do rated?

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I've got one at home, I was going to run my DC 8 mid bass on, but I've not gotten it hooked up yet. If they're built like the 2500's I can't imagine they're anything short of great. I'm hooking up my 1.2500D on them now, but I'm sure i could get the 1600 in there after it's hooked up and see what it's like.

Don't know how to, or have the tools to, clamp though. Sorry.

BTW, what are those subs rated for wattage wise?

Edited by scooter99

I got the Rubicons Tarantulas and Stealths I am attempting to learn how to clamp. Once I do that I will begin post results of each of the amps I have.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I got the Rubicons Tarantulas and Stealths I am attempting to learn how to clamp. Once I do that I will begin post results of each of the amps I have.

Awesome I'm in for an update.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

I got my rub2500.1 hooked up to 2 12" Q Powers wired down to 1ohm. Even with 109 degree heat index today I could still play full tilt and it wouldnt get hot enough to go into protect. It was running right on the verge of hot but I love the amp overall. With the right electrical they are great amps. As scooter said if the 1600 is built like the 2500 I would say you will be really happy with it. I also dont have a clamp meter at the moment but I would love to clamp this thing one day here soon so I know what its really doing. Strong series of amps from what I have experienced so far and dont seem very power hungry. I will dip down to about 13.4v on 20hz but anything above 25hz I stay 13.6 and above.

I think it will smash the brz1200.1 and sound much cleaner at the same time. Just my opinion. Also might want to do the big 3 in 1/0 or 0ga. Just to help things charge back up a little quicker. Flex-A-Prene 1/0 is $3.36 a foot and performs well. That is what I run (big 3, to 2nd batt, and to amp power/ground).

XS under the hood would help tremendously and a buddy of mine Zac (SMZ2) has a bc2k and sounds great. Also very efficient causing hardly no voltage drop on stock electrical in an Xterra. Running the amp on a Fi bl motor with a Psi recone and basket. Even after demoing and running it full tilt it was barely even warm.

Honestly the rub1600.1, bc2k, or rub2500.1 would be great. You can always turn the gains down a little bit if your amp is putting out more power than the subs are rated for. Always nice to have a little headroom on power. I think you would be happy with something 2k-2.5k jsut so you can have a little headroom and not have to crank the gains all the way up. I will post a link to where I bought my 2.5k below. It got to my front door in 4 business days via UPS. Ordered on a Thurs and got it the following Tues. The company emailed me a shipping number as soon as it was shipped from the warehouse.

http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=RUB1.1600D

http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=RUB1.2500D

Hope this can help you out,

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

I've got one at home, I was going to run my DC 8 mid bass on, but I've not gotten it hooked up yet. If they're built like the 2500's I can't imagine they're anything short of great. I'm hooking up my 1.2500D on them now, but I'm sure i could get the 1600 in there after it's hooked up and see what it's like.

Don't know how to, or have the tools to, clamp though. Sorry.

BTW, what are those subs rated for wattage wise?

300rms but I'm sure can handle more like 500wrms as long as its clean. Thats why I'm considering a BC2000 or maybe another Soundstream amp. Im really open to just about anything just kinda dig that brushed blue the soundstream is and how cool the crecendos look....But the amp probably wont be visible so I would be the only one to see it anyway haha.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

I'm also in for an update man. Glad to hear your going to clamp them

:popcorn:

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

I got my rub2500.1 hooked up to 2 12" Q Powers wired down to 1ohm. Even with 109 degree heat index today I could still play full tilt and it wouldnt get hot enough to go into protect. It was running right on the verge of hot but I love the amp overall. With the right electrical they are great amps. As scooter said if the 1600 is built like the 2500 I would say you will be really happy with it. I also dont have a clamp meter at the moment but I would love to clamp this thing one day here soon so I know what its really doing. Strong series of amps from what I have experienced so far and dont seem very power hungry. I will dip down to about 13.4v on 20hz but anything above 25hz I stay 13.6 and above.

I think it will smash the brz1200.1 and sound much cleaner at the same time. Just my opinion. Also might want to do the big 3 in 1/0 or 0ga. Just to help things charge back up a little quicker. Flex-A-Prene 1/0 is $3.36 a foot and performs well. That is what I run (big 3, to 2nd batt, and to amp power/ground).

XS under the hood would help tremendously and a buddy of mine Zac (SMZ2) has a bc2k and sounds great. Also very efficient causing hardly no voltage drop on stock electrical in an Xterra. Running the amp on a Fi bl motor with a Psi recone and basket. Even after demoing and running it full tilt it was barely even warm.

Honestly the rub1600.1, bc2k, or rub2500.1 would be great. You can always turn the gains down a little bit if your amp is putting out more power than the subs are rated for. Always nice to have a little headroom on power. I think you would be happy with something 2k-2.5k jsut so you can have a little headroom and not have to crank the gains all the way up. I will post a link to where I bought my 2.5k below. It got to my front door in 4 business days via UPS. Ordered on a Thurs and got it the following Tues. The company emailed me a shipping number as soon as it was shipped from the warehouse.

http://www.savinglot...item=RUB1.1600D

http://www.savinglot...item=RUB1.2500D

Hope this can help you out,

-James

Oh yea I'm gutting the 4gauge out soon. Ordering a new battery too. I have a little Kinetik HC600(stock batt also) that was perfect with the BRZ1200 but wont cut it once I go bigger. I will be getting a new batt under hood..and another batt in the back. Maybe a used XS from here or a Kinetik or new XS online.

I'll probably go with some Trystar 1/0 for all my wiring.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-0-WELDING-CABLE-50ft-coil-MADE-IN-USA-/300725230334?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46049edafe

About 3$ a foot and I've ordered it before for a friends car. It has a second sleeve that makes stripping easy.

Yea I agree with you on the headroom which is why I was thinking the BC2K and I'm thinking I might look for some used amps in the 1.5-2K range. I dont have alot as far as electrical though....No HO alt so I can make up for it in some batteries but I'm hesitant on 2.5K

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

I'm also in for an update man. Glad to hear your going to clamp them

:popcorn:

Still need to do some reading and figure out how the hell to do this correctly. I probably should get my install done since I need it hooked up to clamp lol. I figure my results should be solid though my electrical in theory will be very solid for 2600w.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif