Thats all i used to use, then i switched to straight, and now the smell of wintergreen makes me gag. Also I had a little push for quitting smoking, my grandfather has less than a month or two left, he's dying of lung cancer =\

yea it makes me gag to man lol now i need to quit dippin sorry to hear about your grandpa

Edited by Jman08

Youtube.com/J Hutch22

well its still going good, i am deftaly (sp) raggn bad lol, but then again my ole ladies kids can be a little much sometimes, and now it dont take much to piss me off lol.....but im holdin steady :blush:

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

I been smoking since 17, i'm 21 in February and that is the age I choose to call it quits. If you can go one day without smoking than you can quit. I've gone a full week without smoking and than I smoked just because the hell of it. on average depending on my work shift I'll smoke before work, smoke break, and when i'm off. that's 3 ciggerettes a day which isn't even half of what the average smoker smokes. I don't smoke because I'm an addict, I do it because i'm legal to do it, and I enjoy it. I must have smoked over 20 different brands and than I found out about American Spirits which is Additive Free. 100% tobacco with full flavor. What i'm gonna end up doing is everytime I get the earge to smoke, i'm do push ups. The more urges I get i'll just double the amount. By doing this, i'll be tired/exhausted and won't be able to smoke. Also, i'm gonna end up weight lifting again mainly curls and shit. I was a horrible chain smoker I wen't from like 2 packs to not even half a pack in 1 year. I'm also turning 21 and I do not wan't to mix the 2 together because I've done it and it's not fun puking ur brains out. I'm not even really a fan of drinking my brother was like that and he hated to drink, and now he's like a different person when he's drunk and I don't like it. My dad don't smoke or drink. This is getting long, but to quit you don't need a substitute. I'm 5'6 and probally 120 pounds i'm just gonna end up eating alot more I find that helps. I hope this was helpful to some, one thing u don't wanna do is substitute something for the nicotine, and than get addicted to that. Beef jerky works good, but could be even more expensive than ciggerettes depending on the quanitity. My main reason to quit is this, we will all die one day, why make it quicker than it has to be? I have not found love, and I wan't to be a successful father with a beautiful wife and kids one day.

Oh yes, when i'am at home I do not smoke the rest of the night, same as if i'm just at home and do not go out, I do not smoke at all.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Best luck. They say from a scientific stand point it only takes 3 days before the physical addiction is broken. After that it's strictly psychological. I smoked for a while, and when I started dating my wife about 1 month into it she told me she wasn't going to do anything with me (Lovin) when I smelled and tasted like smoke. That ended that. Honestly, poon or cigs wasn't a tough choice, and I haven't had any problems since then.

Plus I'm a greedy bastard and having $30+ extra a week adds up to enough to buy a spool of 1/0 a month (or more depending on where you buy it) or pay my cable/phone/internet bill, and from that standpoint I'll never smoke again.

I had an uncle with emphazema - and it was exactly as someone else mentioned. His poor health made him a very unhappy person, and I would never want to be trapped like that.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Im glad to hear your quitting. Theres nothing addicting about it. Just commit to it mentally. Its just like how people say they are addicted to starbucks or their ipod. Its just something thats in their head that they seam to think that. Quitting will help your health alot, save a crap load of money and it has so many negative effects smoking i dont even know where to start. But ill share 1, my brother in law always smokes away from my nephew but he always seems to get sick and get bronchitis along with symptoms of asthma. My bro in law now is quitting and nobody can go near the baby unless they change their clothes and shower before they can touch him.

again.

I had an uncle with emphazema - and it was exactly as someone else mentioned. His poor health made him a very unhappy person, and I would never want to be trapped like that.

I lost my grandmother and grandfather both to it. I have bad asthma from being around it also

I've been smoking since I was 14, I'm fixing to turn 39. I have tried to quit far too many times, and have failed miserably at each attempt. Guess I just don't have the will power to do it or something.

I was able to quit drinking and using drugs (marijuana, coke, speed, etc...) without any problems, but I just can't shake the cig habit. My last attempt lasted for 3 days. That attempt just happened to start on the 1st of this year. After 3 days, I couldn't stand the feeling of being lightheaded (more than usual), and the cravings didn't seem to be getting better. Right now I'm back to doing a half a pack a day.

I've really got to quit. I have been noticing the effects it is having on me and people around me. Hell, I don't like the taste, the smell, or anything about it, and don't understand why I'm still doing it.

Quiting is very hard for some people to do. People that don't smoke think it's simple, but it definitely isn't. Most people need something to replace the cigarettes with. Not just for the nicotine, but also the act of smoking a cigarette.

I may try the beef jerky tip mentioned above. Sounds like it may help. I've tried the gum, made me want to smoke more. I've tried hypnotism, didn't work. I've tried candy (lemonheads are awesome) but that didn't work either. Maybe the beef jerky will.

I pretty much have the same problem. I started smoking cigs at around 14ish. I started smoking pot about a year later. Then before I knew it I was doing coke, xanax, alchohol, and even dramamine. I smoked laced joints pretty much on a daily basis for a long time. I'm 23 now and about 3 years ago I dropped everything (besides cigs) as if it never even existed. But I can't quit smoking to save my life. About a month ago I started taking it more seriously. But the longest I've lasted so far is about 3 hours. :\

ive gone all day without snuff or cigs, ive had a pice of gum in my mouth all day tho, and i never chew gum lol... but its helping and im not acting as raggish as i was yesterday lol

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

ive gone all day without snuff or cigs, ive had a pice of gum in my mouth all day tho, and i never chew gum lol... but its helping and im not acting as raggish as i was yesterday lol

that's good man, but chewing gum won't help much because you'll mouth will water alot how many days is it now?

I only smoked this entire day 3 ciggerettes and i'm done for the rest of the night.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19