well ive been a smoker for 10 years now and i finaly made my mind up tonight to try and stop smokein :huh:

lil bastards arent cheap at all and when you go thru almost a pack a day thats like 30-35 per week gone automaticly did the math over a year and that all adds up to around $1600 per year in smokes, thats crazy, so i went out to eat and smoked my last one when i got out of the rest, stoped at the store to get more and said na fuck it im gonna try to quit, so i left and came home and instead of buying 3 packs like i planed i took that 12 and automaticly transfered it to my sharebuiler account to invest in some stocks..

anyone else try to quit and win? if so what helpd you win the battle? :mellow:

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

$2 cans of grizzly straight helped me quit haha, now I dip, I personally think its better than smoking because its not tearing your lungs up, now I gotta stop dipping =\

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

$2 cans of grizzly straight helped me quit haha, now I dip, I personally think its better than smoking because its not tearing your lungs up, now I gotta stop dipping =\

bad for you gums

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

lol but you dehydrate from spitin while runnin :lol:

na but i already have a nice can of copenhagen longcut as back up if i cant make it to the store in time to get some nicorette gum ... :blush:

Edited by mrwigglezdj

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

I started smoking in 1992, I quit 3 months before my son was born in 2003. Since then, I still haven't even tried to go back.. It's a whole new world. I'm not gonna say that the urge is ever going to go away, but after a while, it's not even worth it.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

well ive been a smoker for 10 years now and i finaly made my mind up tonight to try and stop smokein :huh:

lil bastards arent cheap at all and when you go thru almost a pack a day thats like 30-35 per week gone automaticly did the math over a year and that all adds up to around $1600 per year in smokes, thats crazy, so i went out to eat and smoked my last one when i got out of the rest, stoped at the store to get more and said na fuck it im gonna try to quit, so i left and came home and instead of buying 3 packs like i planed i took that 12 and automaticly transfered it to my sharebuiler account to invest in some stocks..

anyone else try to quit and win? if so what helpd you win the battle? :mellow:

thats good youre quiting man. my dad started smoking when he was 16 and stopped when he was 47 and was diagnosed with enphasema that year in 1993 and was told he had about a year to live and hes still here and not getting much better and is now 60 and has been on oxygen since '93. and it really sucks because its been like i grew up with out a dad to blay ball with and everything.

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

No offense meant, but I just don't see using a substitute habit to quit one. When I quit, I used a similar principle, but something not so addictive. I bought a bunch of the beef jerky "snuff". I did that because I could "dip" it like snuff, but no nicotine and not addictive so I would be able to get rid of the nicotine from the smoke and no new addiction formed. I chewed some gum and what not, but to me, gum triggered my mind to think, "I just ate, so I should be smoking now." I also only "dipped" the jerky when I was really wanting to smoke. Now, it was my wife and I so the number is more, but I still put $70 per week into a money market account. We use it for vacations, cars, etc.

Also, for me, another very helpful part was martial arts. I had been into martial arts since I was 5, but while in high school I let it go and started getting high and that ended up w/ regular smoking as well. I quit the drugs eventually, then gave up drinking (by seriously 2 weeks before my 21st birthday) and the only thing left was the cigs. I got back into martial arts and started working out again (little bit of strength training, a lot more cardio than anything). Believe me, there is no better way to not want a cigarette than to work really hard. I have since added a few more credentials to my martial arts list, I have saved a lot of $ and I am a lot better off than I would have been as far as I can tell. Compared to when I smoked, I almost never get sick. No constant hacky smokers cough either.

What you are doing is unlike anything that I can think of. Only someone who has quit smoking can ever understand what it is like. I have tried to explain to people who never have smoked and it is impossible for them to understand what it takes to do it. Please know that you can do it and that while it is not always easy, it can be done. Every day that passes is one more step toward easier days. Don't get discouraged when you have those moments of craving. Fight through them. Rest assured, if you work yourself out like crazy, the craving will die. As time passes, you will have less and less cravings. For me, it was not until about 3 months of not smoking before I really felt like I was going to be successful, but indeed I was. At six months though, no problem, I knew that I would never return to being a smoker.

I wish you the best of luck. You will be very glad that you made this decision if you stick to it.

BJJ20logo20resize.png