bagging a chevy c1500 silverado

Remember, bag size comes into play with how fast you go up/down also, bigger bags take more air to fill compared to a smaller bag.

But a bigger bag with less PSI will ride better then a smaller bag with more PSI

I have a 1998 c1500

I have 8" bags upfront and its like im on clouds..

To bag the front you MAY have to cut spring pocket depending on how big of a bag you go with, Will also have to remove inner fenders since even the stock tires will stop on inner fenders (mine do) Will upload pics later

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Remember, bag size comes into play with how fast you go up/down also, bigger bags take more air to fill compared to a smaller bag.

But a bigger bag with less PSI will ride better then a smaller bag with more PSI

I have a 1998 c1500

I have 8" bags upfront and its like im on clouds..

To bag the front you MAY have to cut spring pocket depending on how big of a bag you go with, Will also have to remove inner fenders since even the stock tires will stop on inner fenders (mine do) Will upload pics later

that would be great. i found a bolt on 4 link for $900 im not good at welding and it might cost more to get a universal installed by a pro. cutting is the easy part. just need a grinder saw saw or cutting wheel

whats the difference between 4 valve kits and 8 valve kits?

Well if you have 8 valves, then you can fill/dump every bag individually. If you have 4 valves you will only be able to fill/dump each axle individually. You need one valve to fill, and one valve to dump so if you want each bag to be individually controllable (recomended for a better ride/stability) then you need 2 valves (one fill, one dump) for each bag.

Look into a manifold valve, usually expensive but awsome to have!

IMO if your going to do it... Do it once and do it right... Dont want to cheap out cause blowing a bag while driving wont be good.. Especially if you lay frame

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

whats the difference between 4 valve kits and 8 valve kits?

Well if you have 8 valves, then you can fill/dump every bag individually. If you have 4 valves you will only be able to fill/dump each axle individually. You need one valve to fill, and one valve to dump so if you want each bag to be individually controllable (recomended for a better ride/stability) then you need 2 valves (one fill, one dump) for each bag.

okay got you, i will go with 8

Look into a manifold valve, usually expensive but awsome to have!

IMO if your going to do it... Do it once and do it right... Dont want to cheap out cause blowing a bag while driving wont be good.. Especially if you lay frame

something like this?

AA-VU4-01.jpg

yes excatly one of those!

fronts fully bagged ( inner fenders are stock still, so it stops on inner fender first)

rear is just a flip kit and lots of weight, have helper bags that are hooked up to the air ride so its semi bagged in rear lol

once i trim inner fenders itll go much lower... it was only bagged to deal with the weight of system..

f37cdc94.jpg

e4c925fd.jpg

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

nice and i really dont want to go any lower then that

what do you think about this 4 link?i seen on here that you get more lift when the bags are closer to the front and looks like this has it on the back

4CBO-C71_AT-01.jpg

so what bags do you guy recommend? im going with the 8' (if there isnt any bigger)cause i hear they can get me up at driving height with less psi and i do want to be able to get back to stock height

so slam specialties, dominator, or firestone? im not trying to go hopping on it just want my truck to go up and down and not bounce all over the place when im driving. and do i need single port or dual port

Archived