Second Skin Audio

securing enclosure in trunk?

carpeted box and trunk=box dont move in my car :clapping:

bullshit it doesn't move, try slamming on your breaks on the highway and see if it doesn't move...friction is not enough, especially if you get into an accident, figure a sheet of MDF at 75lbs, thats a box right there, add in a pair of decent 12s, 20lbs each, thats now a 115lb weight waiting to be thrown when your car goes from moving to stopped in a fraction of a second.

Yeah. I have a lightweight setup, but going 35 to 0 in less than 2 seconds, the box actually snapped the bolts holding my rear deck to the seats and got stuck between. I had to kick it out. Both box and trunk are carpeted =/

well i dont drive crazy. my box is as close as i can get it towards the cabin and accelerating hard doesnt move it at all. ive put the brakes on hard once cuz of some stupid person pulling out and stopping in front of a gas station. tires squealed and all. box didnt move

2004 cavalier 2 door 5 speedalpine cda-103skar pax 6.5s

power acoustik D1-6000power acoustic 4-2600soundquest 1/0 throughoutDC XL M2 18 walledstock altbig 3 donestock battery under hood, 1400cca 400ah semi battery in the trunk

I had these felt like adhesive strips on the bottom of my box before I walled it.

Works better than you know.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

carpeted box and trunk=box dont move in my car :clapping:

bullshit it doesn't move, try slamming on your breaks on the highway and see if it doesn't move...friction is not enough, especially if you get into an accident, figure a sheet of MDF at 75lbs, thats a box right there, add in a pair of decent 12s, 20lbs each, thats now a 115lb weight waiting to be thrown when your car goes from moving to stopped in a fraction of a second.

Yeah. I have a lightweight setup, but going 35 to 0 in less than 2 seconds, the box actually snapped the bolts holding my rear deck to the seats and got stuck between. I had to kick it out. Both box and trunk are carpeted =/

well i dont drive crazy. my box is as close as i can get it towards the cabin and accelerating hard doesnt move it at all. ive put the brakes on hard once cuz of some stupid person pulling out and stopping in front of a gas station. tires squealed and all. box didnt move

I don't drive crazy. The dumbass in the Jimmy that pulled out in front of me did.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S