Sonic Electronix

Need help for my new amp and speakers

Hi, I need help.

I have 2x Rockford Fosgate t2652-s with 1x Rockford Fosgate T600-4, and I don't know how to connect the amp to the crossovers, beacause one crossovers have Tweeter and woofer input ( i have 4 crossovers= 4 input for tweeter and 4 input for woofer ) and on the amp there are 2 tweeters output and 2 woofer output.

( sorry for bad english i'm French )

Thanks

You run a set of wires from the +/- for a channels left right to a pair of crossovers. Do that for all crossovers, should have 4 sets of +/- coming out of the amp, one pair to each crossover. Then from the crossover, you run a +/- for the tweeter and another for the woofer off of each crossover.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

That xover has inputs for tweeter and woofer. Just run your speaker wires from your amp to each xover and hook them into the wfr+ and wfr-(the input side). Then run a jumper from wfr+ to twt+ and a jumper wire from wfr- to twt-(the input side). Then hook up your speakers to the appropriate outputs.

Now i'm uderstand, thank you :)

I have one more question, i have a XS power D2400 ( with Hifonics BRZ2100.1D for my DC 4XL 15 ) and I want to know which fuse I need to buy for the connection between the amplifier and the battery and if the battery will be sufficient for this two amp?

That xover has inputs for tweeter and woofer. Just run your speaker wires from your amp to each xover and hook them into the wfr+ and wfr-(the input side). Then run a jumper from wfr+ to twt+ and a jumper wire from wfr- to twt-(the input side). Then hook up your speakers to the appropriate outputs.

bro why are you trying to use external jumpers on a crossover? RF crossovers have a bi-amp switch inside of them. once you take off the four screws and pop the cover off, you can flip the switch so that you only need to wire the amp to the tweeter input (check the manual to make sure, but im 99% sure you use the tweeter input if you're not bi-amping) and will send out shared power to the tweeter and midbass. if you have the bi-amp switch on, then you need to have the amp wired to both the woofer and tweeter input.

Edited by Kranny

bro why are you trying to use external jumpers on a crossover? RF crossovers have a bi-amp switch inside of them. once you take off the four screws and pop the cover off, you can flip the switch so that you only need to wire the amp to the tweeter input (check the manual to make sure, but im 99% sure you use the tweeter input if you're not bi-amping) and will send out shared power to the tweeter and midbass. if you have the bi-amp switch on, then you need to have the amp wired to both the woofer and tweeter input.

Sorry, bout that,. I looked up the manual on rockfords web site but i must have missed that. so i looked at a pic of the xover and just did the best i could.

I have 4 crossover ( 8 input ) and 4 output on the amp, i can't run wire in tweeter and woofer input on 4 crossover ...

I think Kranny give me a good solution..?

Of course he did. you acted confused AFTER he commented though.

*Edit- Your best bet might be to have someone help you with the install in person though. It doesn't sound like you've done this a whole lot, so you might want someone that can at least double check you.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.