Second Skin Audio

Blowthrough Box Questions

Cut the hole then, and if you do, I'm tuned in for the build. I personally wouldn't do a blowthrough for a couple of 10s but it's your thing. A good idea for design would be to do a 4th order. You had mentioned you want a total of 6 subs right? So if you did 4 subs opposed to each other and the rear two on about a 45 degree, kind of firing out together, toward the port opening, I think you could get away with building it NOW. There is a guy on here rocking a box very similar to what I'm trying to explain. Sprkn Ranger maybe? I shall check and see :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Well since I won't have my 8 10s for a while do you guys think I should just put a ported box behind my seats? I have some room just will not be comfortable for a while but let me know. I have a diagram I can post on here soon

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

Will this work for a while?

ScreenShot2012-07-11at105655AM.png

ScreenShot2012-07-11at105729AM.png

ScreenShot2012-07-11at105758AM.png

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

That's not nearly enough port area I'm afraid. You would need much more than that. Like 12-15 sq inches per cubic foot. Also, that design will rock back and forth. The transmission hump in that truck is slightly tilted forward. The box will try to lean forward as well as a result of this. You've got depth you're wasting by not going UNDER the rear window trim panel, a good two inches I'd say. I've built my box 14 inches of height to sneak it under the window line. Length is 56" and top depth is 7" bottom depth 10". You'll lose some volume, but you COULD fiberglass down past the hump and put the box to the floor and gain quite a bit of airspace I would guarantee.

That's not nearly enough port area I'm afraid. You would need much more than that. Like 12-15 sq inches per cubic foot. Also, that design will rock back and forth. The transmission hump in that truck is slightly tilted forward. The box will try to lean forward as well as a result of this. You've got depth you're wasting by not going UNDER the rear window trim panel, a good two inches I'd say. I've built my box 14 inches of height to sneak it under the window line. Length is 56" and top depth is 7" bottom depth 10". You'll lose some volume, but you COULD fiberglass down past the hump and put the box to the floor and gain quite a bit of airspace I would guarantee.

So you are saying to go a little lower and make the box go down farther by going below the transmission hump on the floor of my truck and what should i do with the port if i do that. and the box will be bolted down.

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

I'm saying on the SIDES of the tranny hump under where your box would be, you have a bunch of wasted space. Same thing if you don't utilize the space you can go DEPTH wise by getting your box UNDER your trim panel. Have you seen what kind of actual space you have to work with when you move the center console up and down? It swings BACK just so you know. A lot of box designs have a cut out or recessed area right there, to allow the console to go up and down without obstruction. I urge you to look and see for yourself :)

I'm curious how you plan(where you plan) to bolt the box down. Through the back of the box through a sub hole? Through the bottom of the box into the floor? It's hard to get a still into a sun hole and get any leverage to drill through the floor. I'm just picking your brain to try to be helpful. I've been there SEVERAL times with this truck, so I just want to know what your plans are.