• 2 weeks later...

ok i have a question about lowering the front end of my escalade.    i plan on putting alot of weight in the back something similar to steves setup but instead im gonna use 2 18" Treo SSX subs with about 10k daily :). changed my whole setup around when i got a steal of a deal on these "special" amps.  but anyways this is about using torsion keys.  i was wondering how they work and if they are necessary.  i bought some air shocks for my rear end which is leaf springs not coils.  i have 23's im throwing on it and i figured the weight in the back would drop it enough for me but i know im gonna hvae to drop the front as well.  care to explain how to drop the front? ???  thanks bro

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

an after market torsion key is indexed diferent from factory key's... a lowering reindexed torsion key will lower the front of your ride about 2" without changing factory alignment specs, or smooth cadi. ride! also: bell tech and hotchkins suspension both offer 2-3" drop spindles... be aware that your air ride may be affected... 

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

• 1 month later...

1999 GMC Yukon 2wd 5.7L

Jeff, I just bought some belltech 2' lowering spindles for the front and 2' lowering shackles in the back.  On my car at stock height, the front seems higher than the back right now, about 1' higher to be exact, and theres barely any weight in the back.  With my new audio setup coming soon, I'll have around 500lbs or less in the back and that might just drop the car another 1' in the back, but what do I do about the front,  should I get the belltech lowering springs for the front.  And what I can do for the back to make it more stable to handle all that weight so my shocks don't get worn out.  Also, since I'm lowering the back 2inches but the weight is going to make it lower about another 1', what type of shocks should I get? 2' lowering shocks or the 3-5' lowering shocks?  Thanks Jeff.

yuk.jpg

:^ for starters... yah do the springs. hojkins susp offers heavy duty sway bars...Also: i would definately put some realy stiff shocks (bilstein) on that kon. i think the best standing hoe ive ever seen is steves... he has big wheels and a big drop. please post pics as you go! and dont forget air is always an option.  ;)

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

well i dont have the funds to do bags and all that good stuff nor would i put out the money on my van ....lol but when i have my complete system, all batterys, subs amps and all of my work tools in the van, my van rides dirty lol real dirty, the rear is squated about 4 inches and the front is almost to the top of the tire and the rubber bumps on some arm dealing with the hub and steering is bottomed out (one of the rubber bumps is broken into 3-4 pices and missing a big chunk)

the van is a 1980 ford econline e100 work model van, i work out of it and have all my tools in it and i compete out of it and my system is in it as well...

what can i do to raise my front to a good and safe height and raise the rear as well so its not so ghetto lookin ?

the front has coils, with shock asst. the rear is leaf spring with shocks comin from mid van angled down to the axle

i will not use them lugs that hicks put in the coils to jack it up and wont use the shackel lowering or raisen things for the rear..

any other options i can use that can possibly affordable

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

;) well im thinking of something like.... what if you were to use a heavier duty set of springs! lets say... E250/350 springs.  ;)

thats so crazy  :-[

it might just work...lol

ill hit the scrap yard this weekend and see if i can get the coils and springs from a monster van cheap enough :^

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

;) hell yah i do that kind of thing all the time... for example if you put 3/4 ton deisel springs on a 1/2 ton gas truck you will get @ least 2" of lift. let us know how it plays out!!!