Need help with Relay - for electrical/relay guru's

Hey guys,

I purchased a 12 Relay system that looks like it was designed to run accessory headlights and whatnot. Obviously this can be used for other things, but what I am wanting to use it for is to hook up a bunch of my LED strips that I have.

What I want to do, is bypass the switch. I want it to be triggered by the amp remote turn on. I am also wanting to use this for my remote wires. Im not sure how many amplifiers a single remote wire can handle from an Aftermarket source, but I am running 2 subwoofer amps, 1 4 channel amp and will be adding a second 2 channel amp. So 4 amps total and then I want to run several LED strips. I dont want to run my LED's and my 4 amps off of the remote turn on wire as I am pretty sure that is asking too much power to be supplied.

So like I said, it has a switch, but I want to bypass the switch. I have absolutely no knowledge of relays. So being as detailed as possible will help.

Here is what I have.

2012-07-11_14-02-59_608.jpg

2012-07-11_14-01-36_645.jpg

2012-07-11_13-50-02_641.jpg

2012-07-11_13-45-53_845.jpg

2012-07-11_13-48-14_406.jpg

2012-07-11_13-48-36_811.jpg

2012-07-11_13-48-59_390.jpg

I'm not even sure if I have it wired up correctly. lol

Your help is much appreciated.

Please help

The colors are not so important as making sure the right connections are made. Just make sure the 30 is to the positive to a 12v source, 86 to a good grounding point, the 85 to your switch, and the 87 to what your powering. The ground to your switch i believe is just for the light on the switch but i would put that in a good grounding spot as well.

http://www.ceautoelectricsupply.com/powerdistribution.html

Just a suggestion you would want to click the link above and look into getting the barrier strips. Run your relay post 87 to one side daisy chain the whole side and now you a whole strip of a 12volt source and you could attach anything from there as long its within the right amount of amps of your relay

The colors are not so important as making sure the right connections are made. Just make sure the 30 is to the positive to a 12v source, 86 to a good grounding point, the 85 to your switch, and the 87 to what your powering. The ground to your switch i believe is just for the light on the switch but i would put that in a good grounding spot as well.

Yep exactly right, 30 and 86 are your coil, once energized they activate the normally open switch which is 85 and 87. Edited by bassface