Sonic Electronix

How's it sound are you sure your sub is wired right... also 3/4 is a lot ..if your going to do it off ear id start at 11 o'clock..plus 2ohms plus rise is probably just a few hundred watts ..so its underpowered..my mayhems get hot but I'm pushing 4k each to them and that's after 30secs fulltilt

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

@B dog thanks alot man didnt know about those shows. I live in Maple Ridge. Turned the volume boost off It Deffinately got louder with that extra battery. The reason the cones heating up has to be due to low voltage guess an Alternator is in need! TeamHT gain is at 3 quarters I had everything cranked when I had my 12"s and literally listened to them for 2 years straight as loud as they could be and never once did I have a problem with the amp or anything else woofers never stunk up once! I understand what your saying. Thanks guys for the help always appreciated!

134db

To be honest it sounds great, I do have 8 mids n highs in the truck though so its always sounded good. By turning the volume boost down I noticed better sq. Like i said im deffinately just in need of a proper alt. The one I have is supposively a 240amp rebuilt alt which I know for a fact its nothing near that. I just dont have 500 dollars to buy an alternator right now so down the road i guess

134db

@B dog thanks alot man didnt know about those shows. I live in Maple Ridge. Turned the volume boost off It Deffinately got louder with that extra battery. The reason the cones heating up has to be due to low voltage guess an Alternator is in need! TeamHT gain is at 3 quarters I had everything cranked when I had my 12"s and literally listened to them for 2 years straight as loud as they could be and never once did I have a problem with the amp or anything else woofers never stunk up once! I understand what your saying. Thanks guys for the help always appreciated!

I knew low voltage can make an amp run inefficiently and thus get hot, can it really go down the line and affect the performance of the sub?

1997 Ford Ranger

2 - Rockford Fosgate P3 600w 12s

1 - Soundstream Rubicon 1.1000d

Pioneer Mids/highs

Blacked out tail lights (removable, done with 20% static cling tint)

My amp gets hot but honestly All my premier equipment has taken a beating for over 5 years. Im the second owner of it and I honestly couldnt of asked for better starter equipment. Well I know for a fact that my 12"s were heating up big time before i had voltage problems swapped an alt and battery and turned the gains up more and they never got warm once for 2 years

134db

i live in west van and your only 30 min away at night with out traffic so if u want to meet up with me some where out here at night ill set your gains with my dd-1

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

http://www.crutchfie...tml#details-tab

gonna guess this is your head unit has 4v preouts, turn your gain and/or gains down 3/4 is shit ton, and you should be able to turn the subwoofer level up without clipping but i would do within reason there is such thing as too good of a good thing

btw what is your subsonic filter at?

also i would probably suggest meeting with bdog and use his dd-1

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

and polar batteries on boundry has way better batteries then yellow tops for less and i have had problems with brand new yellow tops not holding good voltage

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

xs power is good for -40 Celsius weather from what i heard not trying to one better bdog just tossing tid bits around

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps