Sonic Electronix

Amateur Bass Head in Need of a Rebuild.

i think with 2 k you can do it you just have to be a smart shopper and pick up some used things as well as find the cheapest things out there. Look in the for sale threads on some good 1/0 or 2/0 wire, also look at the amps i think theres a couple 3500's in there now for cheap, but id worry about electrical, then wood then equipment to put in there but you need to know what size speakers and whatnot. 2 bands and it can be done.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

150 db = a lot of time, effort, and money. you need a lot of wood for a wall to do multiple baffles. You need to do electrical too like HO alt, big 3, 1/0 gauge runs to back. A battery bank... the list goes on and on. you MIGHT be able to spend $1500-$2000 on just electrical but that's definitely a stretch.

what is your current setup. I would do one at a time to be honest, starting with electrical.

what do you mean do one at a time? my current setup is nothing i sold all my stuff because my amp blew. but my friend got a nice American Bass Hd15 so it made me want to get some beats back.

150 db = a lot of time, effort, and money. you need a lot of wood for a wall to do multiple baffles. You need to do electrical too like HO alt, big 3, 1/0 gauge runs to back. A battery bank... the list goes on and on. you MIGHT be able to spend $1500-$2000 on just electrical but that's definitely a stretch.

what is your current setup. I would do one at a time to be honest, starting with electrical.

what do you mean do one at a time? my current setup is nothing i sold all my stuff because my amp blew. but my friend got a nice American Bass Hd15 so it made me want to get some beats back.

Ddub847 was right. Instead of looking at the big picture (subs, amps, deadener, wood, misc materials, wires, alt, etc etc) just look at one stage at a time. It's a lot easier and less stressful. First though plan out exactly what you want with your given budget, and then decide which you would like to work on first (electrical or equipment)

if you want that much power I would do electrical because if you install all the equipment and still have stock electrical, your equipment will be asking for more power than your electrical and put out and you will get serious voltage drop which is bad for your amp

Ill make this easy

500 h/o alt biggest u can get (id buy one for 350, get a batt for 100 and wire for 100)

500 subs (2 15s, 1 18, maybe 2 18s if u can find a great deal)

500 amp for subs like u said crecendo sundown 3500 etc

Bam ur outta cash, and u gotta build a box, sooo

that's y its a tight budget

I got 2k in just amps

1k subs

1k electrical

Xxxx in mids and highs amps

and barely do a 150, granted its from a trunk but that is a big goal with that budget!

There's a few guys on here who got their 150 with a 3500, might want to look thru the member builds get some ideas before u just go blow money on something u might wanna change ur mind later on

Edited by CortezDTV

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

like i was saying, first do the big 3, then upgrade the battery under the hood and add a second battery to the back, 2 runs of power and ground from front to back battery. there is about 600-700 there. then build the box 2 15s will fit a lot better then 2 18s, 18s will be hard to fit in there and still have room for the amp(s) and battery bank. i would do 2 15s. so if you build for 2 15s double maybe even triple up on the walls and then go 3-4layers on the baffle. then make sure its nicely braced threaded rod is a good choice for bracing doesnt take up any real amount of volume from the box and not to spendy. then if you have enough left get 2 15s and a 2000-3000 watt amp and run it like that just watch your voltage. now all that wont get you to your goal but will give you a great start. at that point you buy an ho alt, the biggest you can fit. then load that trunk up with a battery bank. after you get the electrical worked out to handle the 5k-7k im you will need in order to reach your goal you can get 2 15s that can handle the power and the amp(s) you need to get that 5000-7000watts. then tear those doors about fiberglass them to fit some nice componet sets and work on your sound stage.

step 1 upgrade electrical to handle 2k rms

step 2 build your wall

step 3 buy cheap used subs and amp(s) that do about 2k rms

step 4 save money

step 5 build electrical to handle 5k-7k rms

step 6 buy subs that can handle 5k-7krms

step 7 buy amp(s) that do 5k-7k rms

step 8 save money

step 9 upgrade front sound stage

step 10 give out FREE demos. dont charge like the other idiots.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.