Mechman 270A low idle voltage/slippage

yes, i have done this

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

maybe its a bad voltage regulator just a guess i don't know what else to say unless there is something shorting out

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Guest DC Power Kyle

If that's the 1MZ-FE Motor it does idle quite low (I used to have an Avalon with the same engine). It's most likely not the fact that your belt is slipping. It's most likely do to the fact that the alternator is not reaching it's turn on speed. If you increase the RPM by 100-200 or so does the alternator begin to charge? Remember, give it about 5 or so seconds to see if it actually begins to work. You can tighten that belt more to try and see if it helps but honestly I would say that you're having a turn on speed issue. Also, take a picture of the alternator so I can see which one it is.

If that's the 1MZ-FE Motor it does idle quite low (I used to have an Avalon with the same engine). It's most likely not the fact that your belt is slipping. It's most likely do to the fact that the alternator is not reaching it's turn on speed. If you increase the RPM by 100-200 or so does the alternator begin to charge? Remember, give it about 5 or so seconds to see if it actually begins to work. You can tighten that belt more to try and see if it helps but honestly I would say that you're having a turn on speed issue. Also, take a picture of the alternator so I can see which one it is.

I believe it is that too. I'm trying to see if i can get on overdrive pulley that is probably 1.75 and that will only do 21k at redline. But also my a/c compressor pulley is kind of lagging, and may be causing some drag on the whole belt. It should begin to charge at that speed, but i think the ohter pulley is now affecting it...and what picture do you need to see?

Edited by adreano17

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

thx for jumping in i am a bit inexperienced (and maybe more), and on a very slow and anger inducing computer >< wish i was at home on my computer then i can listen to music have about 10 tabs with no effort but no i have one and music and it locks up at work for up to a minute

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps