Sonic Electronix

crescendo bc series.. 2k, 3.5k, 5k.. electrical is pertinent

What he said. 150%

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

With the Crescendo amps, you will have to buy an extra warranty if you want to run at .5 ohm and still want it covered. 99% of the mainstream amps are going to be 1ohm stable. You should only run below 1 ohm if you have the proper electrical and understand impedance rise. I am in no way trying to be an ass, but if you do not understand these things at this time, then I would stick with running at 1ohm for now until you have had time to do some research and understand fully what it takes to properly run an amp below 1 ohm without causing damage to it or the rest of your system.

Copied from CACO.

as well all know the BC line of amps only come with a 1yr warranty and are not covered being ran at half ohm

BUT,

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DO NOT KNOW.....

you can purchase an extended 2yr warranty that does cover being ran at half ohm. thumbsup.gif

cost on the extended warranty is:

BC2k- 75$

BC3500-105$

BC5500-135$

Link

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/crescendo/119477-extended-warranty.html

But... why? Like I get it for the big boys to squeeze a little extra juice out of their amps but why not just buy an amp that does the power you need at 1 ohm? or 2 if your stuck with certain coils.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

With the Crescendo amps, you will have to buy an extra warranty if you want to run at .5 ohm and still want it covered. 99% of the mainstream amps are going to be 1ohm stable. You should only run below 1 ohm if you have the proper electrical and understand impedance rise. I am in no way trying to be an ass, but if you do not understand these things at this time, then I would stick with running at 1ohm for now until you have had time to do some research and understand fully what it takes to properly run an amp below 1 ohm without causing damage to it or the rest of your system.

multiple alt's multiple batteries?

But... why? Like I get it for the big boys to squeeze a little extra juice out of their amps but why not just buy an amp that does the power you need at 1 ohm? or 2 if your stuck with certain coils.

in my case it came to getting a good deal on 4 subs that were all dual 1 so yeah..

in my case it came to getting a good deal on 4 subs that were all dual 1 so yeah..

2 ohms daily... half ohm at shows... still need stout electrical for half