Sonic Electronix

Hey guys I'm new to car audio as well as this forum! I have no real audio knowledge, when my interest in subwoofers struck I pretty much bought a set that fit in my car and went from there. That was several years ago and over the years i've compiled a decent collection. Anywho where I'm at right now is designing a box for my 2001 Dodge durango SLT for 5 12's and 4 5 1/2" speakers, I can get sub and amp specs later and I'll post them here but right now i'm basically just looking for starter tips, tricks, anything to make my first box building experience easier. Also I'm using 3 different types of subs and 4 different amps and I'm not sure if that will impair or distort my sound, any help would be appreciated thanks!

Hey thanks for the reply, is there a performance reason for only wanting to use matching subs or just aesthetic reasons? I mean i know they'll all perform differently but I have them all wired in right now and the only issue i'm having is the 3 seperate boxes.

If you keep them separated I don't think it would technically matter, unless wave's start canceling and shit haha.

It's kind of just a waste of space. To get started figure up the how big of a box you can fit, make sure you have the proper airspace for the subs, then you can pick subs and amp so they wire the way you want and don't forget electrical upgrades.

If you already have the equipment post it and we can help from there.

Edited by c.director

what is your electrical like right now (big 3, alt,batteries) and what size amps

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Don't run different subs.

Different subs have different specs. Even in separate boxes they will cancel each other out and sound like complete ass.

Sell all the subs, and buy 2 matching, good quality 12's.

Guarantee it will sound 10x better than 5 mismatched subs.

Don't run different amps to the subs.

Different amps have different power outputs and will end up powering each sub differently which will cause more cancelation.

Sell the 4 amps and get 1 good sub amp.

Question for you now, the 5.25's are speakers correct? Not subwoofers? If they ARE speakers, I would suggest eventually trying your hand at fiberglassing your door panels to fit 2 5.25's per door.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Yeah the 5.25's are speakers I was thinking of fiberglassing for the doors as I'm doing fiberglass for the bottom portion of my box and I had another question regarding material, I plan on using a combination of MDF and fiberglass, is there an advantage or disadvantage to either or? is combining them doable at all? I managed to find a list of all my gear so I'll go ahead and post it here.

2 MTX Thunder 9500's

2 Fusion 12's, single coil and i believe they're 4 ohms each

1 Kenwood KFC XW12s 12

1200w sony explod amp

450w fusion amp

500w kenwood amp

not sure for the speaker specs or the specs of the last amp

I did consider selling it all and getting myself some nice orions or something, just want my shit to be bumping :)

And as far as electrical goes I just bought this vehicle so I havn't gotten a chance to upgrade anything yet, I plan on getting myself a high output alternator and a yellowtop or two with my next paycheck then running 0 gauge all throughout with the one after

In all honesty, your best bet is going to be sticking around the forum and just doing a little research before buying anything. I do suggest selling all of your equipment tho and starting with a clean slate. Then once you have a little more knowledge, you can purchase better equipment at a cheaper price than those retarded Orion's lol.

Just tryin to help out man.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

don't sell everything, keep the mtx 9500, build a good box for them, and buy a proper amp.

I think those alone in a proper box with a good amp will sound better than everything you have right now.(as far as bass goes)

smdban.jpg

audio related merchandise (decals,banners,lanyards,hats,shirt,etc)