Sonic Electronix

What you're REALLY gonna have is trunk rattle Galore!!!

You don't have the right amount of room to properly position an 18 in that trunk. 2 forward firing 12s ported to maybe 35 Hz completely sealed off from the trunk would be a better idea. Firing an 18" into the trunk lid, will sound like garbage, as close as it will have to be TO the trunk to get the proper amount or airspace.

AM I missing something....cus his Picture shows a pickup truck. Is this going in a Car? cus then my previous post is null.

Ninja'd ^

guess I'm having one of THOSE days today.

OP build your own box make it forward firing....through to the cabin area...and seal it off. Dont pay 250$ unless they can show you something truely custom about your box... I've seen too many people pay 200-300$ for a prefab crap port box.

Edited by Chris Hammer

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

You don't have the right amount of room to properly position an 18 in that trunk. 2 forward firing 12s ported to maybe 35 Hz completely sealed off from the trunk would be a better idea. Firing an 18" into the trunk lid, will sound like garbage, as close as it will have to be TO the trunk to get the proper amount or airspace.

AM I missing something....cus his Picture shows a pickup truck. Is this going in a Car? cus then my previous post is null.

Ninja'd ^

guess I'm having one of THOSE days today.

It's okay dude, happens to us all :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You don't have the right amount of room to properly position an 18 in that trunk. 2 forward firing 12s ported to maybe 35 Hz completely sealed off from the trunk would be a better idea. Firing an 18" into the trunk lid, will sound like garbage, as close as it will have to be TO the trunk to get the proper amount or airspace. That's IF you even have the right amount of airspace to begin with.

I have a Crown Vic with an 18 in the trunk and with sound deadening it doesn't rattle as bad as you would think

i missed all the post here because i do not feel like reading. but when i do read, i will edit things what im about to say if they are covered already.

there is no way you can fire the port towards the cabin unless if you want it to sound like crap. crown vics have HUGE trunks that you can fit either 2 15s without space issues or 1 18 without space issues. you can do either 2 things

1. make the sub and port facing the trunmk.

2. sub and port facing up.

a guy who i seen in a town car did a 145.XX with just 1 18 on a burp, sub and port facing the trunk. that is pretty good with the seats being intact. and no the seats do not fold down. that is the best ways to make a box like that.

btw, DO NOT GO TO KOB CUSTOMS ;)

Edited by carlosg_313

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

I didn't start this thread, but I'm not sure the actual specs for the box. I had it custom made at a local sound shop. It is huge tho and it has the woofer facing the top as usual and a huge port at the bottom.

What size box ARE you running and is it ported or sealed?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I didn't start this thread, but I'm not sure the actual specs for the box. I had it custom made at a local sound shop. It is huge tho and it has the woofer facing the top as usual and a huge port at the bottom.

What size box ARE you running and is it ported or sealed?

I'm not sure the measurements for the box off the top of my head. I can let you know later after I go back to the shop. And the box is ported