Second Skin Audio

Best/loudest enclosure for type r 12?

Well Im scrapping my 18 infinite baffle Idea and Im just going to run my type r 12. What would be the best enclosure design to make this little 12 shine? I have ported these around 34hz and 2-3 cubes in the bast with decent results but surely one of you guys has desgined the ultimate enclosure for output. Ill be running a mtx 1000xd @2 ohms. Not looking for spl, more just loud to the ear on lower bass. Its going in a 02 civic trunk. Any thoughts or designs on a good enclosure?

No one will be able to tell you what the loudest/best setup is for your car as there are FAR too many variables. You will only get so much output from that single 12. Ported, anywhere from 34-38 will sound best on music. If you want the MOST bang, make it ported and sub facing INTO the cabin, and completely seal it off from the trunk. There's spray foam at Home Depot and Lowes called Great Stuff, and that would help fill the gaps for you. The loudest you will get with one 12" will be this way I imagine.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

No one will be able to tell you what the loudest/best setup is for your car as there are FAR too many variables. You will only get so much output from that single 12. Ported, anywhere from 34-38 will sound best on music. If you want the MOST bang, make it ported and sub facing INTO the cabin, and completely seal it off from the trunk. There's spray foam at Home Depot and Lowes called Great Stuff, and that would help fill the gaps for you. The loudest you will get with one 12" will be this way I imagine.

From what I have been hearing that can be a big risk. Sometimes its louder, sometimes its not. I do know sub back, port back has sounded best in this car so I think Im going to stick with this design. I have seen some people running flair style ports and t lines. Just wanting to get the most out of this single driver. I have just built basic ported boxes, I have never ventured into further increasing output till now.

Well here is a suggestion for a single SWR-1243 (from a previous request):

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35 Hz

Vb = 2 ft^3

External Height = 15 in

External Width = 28 in

External Depth = 14 in

Port Width = 2 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 25 1/4 x 13 1/2

Back = 28 x 13 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 12 1/2 x 13 1/2

Side 2 = 13 1/4 x 13 1/2

Top & Bottom = 28 x 14

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 10 1/2 x 13 1/2

Extension = 10 3/8 x 13 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

12SFPFSW.jpg

Check if the stated dimensions fit, the 1243 can take above rated but the full 1K is pushing it, also be sure to enable the amp subsonic filter to 28Hz.

Let me know any questions.

^^ And if I would benifit from a tline can someone design me one? From what I have read they are very efficient. Could I just wire my sub at 8 ohm to make up for this on my 1000xd? Sorry for the 100 questions Im just very facinated by expanding from simple ported boxes

My max dimentions are L=39 W=18 H=16 which with 3/4" wood that grosses 5.2 before port, woofer, and bracing displacement. I would assume this is enough to build ether a 4th order or a tline correct? After reading the tline sticky Im sold on how they can sound and what they can do with single speakers. I would love to expand my horizons and build a tline but even after reading the tutorial I would rather have a expert design one for me!