Rick's Build. SSA, Alpine, Boston Acoustics

I figured it was time to start a build log as I'm hoping this setup will stay in my car for a bit. Over the past year I have changed setups more times than I can count. I have yet to be completely happy with my system as a whole, so I sold everything aside from my Pioneer 880, and decided to start from scratch. My main goal is to have a system that sounds good to me with the ability to get fairly loud for when I'm in the mood. This will most likely take at least a month to complete as I still need to decide what subs to go with, then add build time. I should have some pics of the gear, and progress pics up by tomorrow. So far I have purchased the following:

Head unit: Pioneer p880 prs

Components: Alpine SPX-17PRO

Front Stage Amp: Boston Acoustics GT 2125

Sub woofer amp: Planet Audio BB1400.1 (Might change it but couldn't pass up the deal I got on it)

Sub woofers:Throwing around a lot of ideas but will most likely be GCON's (Size/Quantity still up in the air)

Electrical: Stock 125 amp alt, Diehard platinum G34 under the hood, and Kinetik HC2000

I'm definitely going with SSA. The GCON is at the top of my list, but I'm not ruling out the XCON either wink.gif

Head unit: Pioneer P880prsFront stage: Alpine Type X 17PRO componentsComponent amp: PPI BK 800.4Subs: Two SSA XCON 12's in 4.5 cubes tuned to 34hzSub amp: PPI BK1300.1Sound Deadening: Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Spectrum, and Sludge

Team SSA

Team Alerion

Xcon FTW !!!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Post up some pics bro ... Can't wait to see this !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch