as far as i know it held up just great, he did use high temp paint, and knew what he was doing from what i could tell, plus im sure his lil import made some heat that monster turbo on there as well...

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

i seen a thread somewhere where someone took a grinder and and ground off all the raised letters ect off the cover first , then did a nice sanding , degreased the cover, wiped it down with a tack cloth to remove the dust and dirt, primed it then did another sand, then put on a lite coat of paint, sanded litly then painted again , and then after it set up a few hrs. did the clear coat did a lite sand and another clear and it turned out real nice and looked as if a pro did it but it looked as if it took some time to do it his way ......im looking for the thread for ya,

:rolleyes:

^^ what he said, either do it right or dont do it at all.

- Infiniti QX4 - - 2 Digital Designs 9917s - - Digital Designs Z1 - - Digital Designs C3b -

subnoise-1.jpg

i painted my valve cover also this is how i did and how it turned out

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=14732

you dont need primer or any of that just get what color you want in high heat engine enamel at pep boys or something

after i took it off i hit it with some degreaser and 409 and scrubbed the crap out of it. i cleaned it inside and out. next i sanded it trying to remove any dirt and stuff i couldnt get with scrubbing. after that then dry it thoroughly and cover up all the holes. you dont want paint getting on the inside. take your time painting it and put light coats waiting for some time to dry in between. put alot of multiple coats and let it dry. if you want to do lettering like i did just use normal enamel and use a thin brush and paint it on. itll be fine from the heat. after that make sure its good and dry and put it back on and after you drive around a little the paint should basically be baked on so you should be set.