Sundown Audio

Amp just stopped working

MIKE-2U

Allot of people told me not to fuse from the d3400 to the amp. two runs from the d3400 TO the amp (dual inputs) and each wire is maybe a foot long. The wire isnt disconnected so could me not fusing have done some damage to it ?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

yeah you listened to some possibly bad advice.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yeah you listened to some possibly bad advice.

Anton Miller & ther members of TML

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

ive said this a hundred times. anton miller is just like exo. Do you really want to take advice from them? he'll gladly give it because its not his gear that he has to worry about blowing up. And you can tell him I said that he's an idiot. just like I used to do on j-body

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

ive said this a hundred times. anton miller is just like exo. Do you really want to take advice from them? he'll gladly give it because its not his gear that he has to worry about blowing up. And you can tell him I said that he's an idiot. just like I used to do on j-body

I guess, but another guy i know told me the same thing and i know for a fact he wouldn't give out advice unless he was sure. I also saw no fuses what so ever on his system or any other TML guys vehicles so i went off of that. Not excusing that as a fact but what would cause it to surge or short at such low volume and how would a fuse have stopped it ?

heres the thing. If any tiny little thing happens a fuse can protect you. running without fuses is like sleeping with that chick with the sketchy sexual history without a condom. You may not have any problems but that one time you do you really have a problem.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

heres the thing. If any tiny little thing happens a fuse can protect you. running without fuses is like sleeping with that chick with the sketchy sexual history without a condom. You may not have any problems but that one time you do you really have a problem.

I'm not doubting you at all Nate just wondering why it happened at such low power. I will check my connections and what not and report back

One question, the amp spec sheet says 380amp fuse for external fuse. So since the amp has dual inputs can each wire have a 200 amp fuse on it whch would add up to 400 amps IF YOU ADD AMPS or does EACH wire need at least a 380 amp fuse ?

Edited by MIKE-2U

Yes, ideally you would want a 190A fuse on each wire for a total of 380, but idk how big of a deal ~20A difference would make on that amp, probably would be fine, but better to have someone else chime in to be safe.

Could also go a wee bit under and use 175A fuses, safer to be lower than higher http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10587_e2-EANL175-by-Scosche.html

Edited by Lbox88